AA preflop

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
best hand to take down AA? 9Tsuited, its been proven(google it).
Tourney with AA PF, depending on position and reads, its anything from 3xBB to 5xBB. HU sometimes its a raise, somtimes a limp.
Ring, pretty much the same, maybe up to 8XBB at 1cent/2cent, and still get callers, anyone pushes, it's a snap-call from me, no hesitation.

T

tas02

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
About the only time I will limp with AA is if I'm heads up or it's folded around to me in the SB. Occasionally, if I have a really reliable maniac to my left who I know is going to raise, I'll limp, then push (or at least make it too expensive for anyone else to call).

The thing you need to keep in mind is that AA is just another hand. PPL get too emotionally attached to them and would rather go broke than lose with them. The truth is that you will generally either win a small-to-medium size pot, or lose a monster pot with AA.

As with everything, the way to play aces depends on the table, the stacks, etc. Generally, make an average sized raise (usually 3-4 BB, but more if the table is particularly aggressive). However, if 3 or 4 (or more) people have limped in before me, I'll make a pot-sized raise (i.e. call, then raise the pot) to make it too expensive for most of them to call.

After the flop, be prepared to check it down or throw it away if it's a particularly ugly flop (e.g. 3 connectors or 3 suited cards, high pair, etc.). If not, another pot-sized bet is in order.

The idea is to play them aggressively, but don't go broke if you can help it. Like the lady says, "when you're beat, you're beat".

CAPT. ZIGZAG

CAPT. ZIGZAG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just now pushed on PS pre-flop with AA.

Got three callers.... ;)

One of them called with 45o.

Flop--->678 :eek:

---

U

UrBluffingMe

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should never limp with pocket Aces, you give your opponents a chance to catch trips or a str8 if the limp in with crappy cards.
Yes, you absolutely should limp some percentage of the time you get them. A statement that says you should NEVER do one thing or another when it comes to hold 'em simply isn't accurate.

Now, I will contest that in your average online small stakes tourney, the players simply aren't paying attention enough for you to have to worry about mixing up your play all that much at all. However, if you were playing with your regular group of guys relatively often, you should absolutely throw in some limps with big pairs. Obviously, your standard way to play them is to raise it up and narrow the field, the same as with just about every hand you would raise. But you need to limp enough so that the players that pay attention know that when you limp into a hand, you COULD have aces.

See what I mean?

N

nyy4life42

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never limp in with AA. Raise- always. Maybe check-raise on the flop.

M

markpro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just wanna remind you that even though Aces are great, you have to be certain that someone is going to raise if you only call!!! This is a Thumb rule, cause otherwize you wont win as much as you would have, or you will lose to a limper!

A

antizzle23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is one of those hands that to me always seem to lose
especially when i have it so i play as hard as i can pre-flop