AA or KK reraises

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA or KK warrant raises or re-raises everytime. The amount of the raise or re-raise depends on the dynamics of the game. In an ideal world you would want 1 or possibly 2 opponents to stay in the hand but as always you have to remember that AA and KK can loose.

NiceNisus

NiceNisus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is best

I think the best answer is to:

1) re-raise 2-4x when you are out of position
(for instance you are in the small blind and someone from middle position has raised). I think this is the best way to build a big pot.

2) a) flat call when you have position on the original raiser. This way they will often feel obligated to represent their hand by betting post-flop into you as they won't be interested in conceding the pot to you by acting first and checking. You can then continue to flat call, since they might have another overpair like QQ/JJ/KK to your aces and they may put all their chips in themself.
b) re-raise 2-4X, I'd re-raise even in position if I've noticed the player to be weak and to be willing to call off alot of chips preflop with a speculative hand like KQ.

The above changes depending on the exact situation but I think it's an okay guideline.

T

Toor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just 3-bet / pot bet. You want to isolate. If too many people enter the pot, AA is a dog.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's a tournament and I'm in the BB and the button has a habit of stealing, I just call, as the button isn't likely to have a hand.

On the flip side, if a tight player opens under the gun I always raise (if he opens to $100 I bet about $300, unless I only have $700 or so in my stack in which case I shove). The tight player UTG is more likely to have a hand, so he's more likely to call.

I play 6-max rings, which are a bit more aggressive. I pretty much always 3-bet with K/K+.
+1
I'm doing the same thing...
well unless it's the start of a MTT, haft my stack gos out, to see who will shove all-in... Tho that did not work the last game i played...:joyman: