AA,KK, & of corse the big slick...ALL-IN ???

B

battle_eagle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
:confused: it took me a long time for me to ease up on the strength of these pocket cards preflop , id definantly rather move all in in the earlyer stages of a tourn than when deep , i figure win to loss is 50/50 but i find myself more & more not risking over 30% of my stack preflop and as hard as it was ive actually have several times now been able to muster up the disipline to fold these giant pockets when any all-in is called by more than 2,3 max players , good tools in 2 stages of a tourny i still bust em off [mostly on gut] i mentioned the earlyer stage above when would be the 2nd for you ?.
PS:my stack doesnt get as bib as fast but im geting deeper &deeper in more & more tournaments.

Last edited:
W

WhatItDew

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that they way that you play these hands post flop depends a lot of your position in the hand, and OP's table image. If he is TAG, and the action is in front of you, you have to give him credit for a hand. If you are in EP, I make a standard CBet and watch the action as it comes back to me. The key to these hands is how you play preflop. You either commit all the way if you are in a favorable position, or you make a standard raise, and don't go broke post flop if the situation isn't right.

R

rmcnally

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The thing is chips are less important earlier in the stages of the game. For example with 9 people left, your stack, and other people's stacks matter. Thus when you make chips, it not only helps your stack, but hurts other peoples stacks as well!

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You skipped some more words and I can't start to parse out what you mean there so I'll go with the generic answer. No reason to fold AA, KK ever in a cash game. AK's strength is preflop, calling AI with it is dubious.

tournament is another ball game and is largely situational, altough AA or KK are very largely non-fold unless under ultra-duper special circumstances.

T_inc

T_inc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
from what i read i think u play them well!i always place a massive bet preflop,but never go all inn wit them or i must b the short stack.
but its still depending on position,how the others play etc.
pockets 2-2 wil beat AK 53% of the time considering this helped me not to over-value big slick!against pockets10 jj qq big slick wins 43% how to play big slick depends mostly on ur reading ability's i think.AA is the best hand u get preflop and thats also the danger of them because their hard to lay down.
fact:7-2 off suit will beat ur aces 13,5% of the time,seemws not much but might b significant due bettin...
for example u bet ur aces 1 dude calls whit 22 flop: j-7-2(all different suits) its VERY tempting 2move all inn!its also VERY hard to laydown if the dude starts bettin!its better to make small investments early in the hand hopin they pay out big time!:cool:

123bird

123bird

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:confused: it took me a long time for me to ease up on the strength of these pocket cards preflop , id definantly rather move all in in the earlyer stages of a tourn than when deep , i figure win to loss is 50/50 but i find myself more & more not risking over 30% of my stack preflop and as hard as it was ive actually have several times now been able to muster up the disipline to fold these giant pockets when any all-in is called by more than 2,3 max players , good tools in 2 stages of a tourny i still bust em off [mostly on gut] i mentioned the earlyer stage above when would be the 2nd for you ?.
PS:my stack doesnt get as bib as fast but im geting deeper &deeper in more & more tournaments.

If i'm reading right you fold Pocket Aces, Kings pre flop.I don't how you can possably fold AA. KK you could make a case to fold them but it would have to be a very rare case.AK yeah fold them noy a worry at all(i hate AK never win with them)
I would like to hear in what situation you folded pocket Ace's even the king's

B

battle_eagle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi 123 bird the times that i have folded pocket AA ARE, 1-early in game when 3to4 move all in ive even seen5,6 & more & with 18 cards on the table out of 52 the possible hands that can hit is stagering & in this situation ive had to many bad beats ffom suited pockets 5/5 6/4 10/j etc.2-settin close to $ short stacked but still capable of fadeing the blinds & cashing again this when more than 2-3 max.go all in heads up i still bust em off

W

wcastrey

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
raising all in with Ace King before the flop is very fish like. In the early stages of a tournament, i would probably bet a large portion of chips pre flop with aa hoping that someone has acec king, thus increasing chips for the later stages. In most cases, especially free-rolls there are a lot of fish that will go all in with crap hands.