Cant wait to see how it turns out.

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today was a good day at poker!! I'll be posting some HHs in a bit.

I think my play this month has been steady (not saying brilliant, just steady). It is funny how some sessions/tables seem to just flow and go well, why others just seem to get off on the wrong foot and just never click. Hmmm? Is that called "variance?" :)

And yes, I know we aren't talking any real kind of volume, but this is how I play. I play recreationally, and don't really have a lot of time to play every day.

I'm really trying to focus on my play and think through a play for the hands I play. Definitely a work in progress!:icon_sunn

GS Challenge March 17 Summary

likips

likips

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for sharing your experience.
Best of luck!

slowhand

slowhand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice day! good luck with the challenge, how many others are doing it? do you know how they are doing?

R

rawone

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks nabmom for the flattery, I blush lightly :)

As for "variance", I realized a while back that in some cases variance comes when you end up sitting playing with a type of player who's style and yours tends to clash, which makes you perhaps play differently to avoid the clash.

I was playing a live cash game the other night, and one new player sat down at the table, and it a bit of an aggressive raiser, wide range, a sort of loosish calling (and raise) station... sitting 3 seats to me left. As I tend to be a little more nit than nut, his openly aggressive play isn't what I generally like to go against. The result is while I still did what I generally set out to do (double up on what I started with in a reasonable time frame), found it less comfortable, I found myself playing less hands, and generally avoiding playing against this guy.

I should note that while he was very loose, he was also one of those guys who either pushes people out of pots with big bets, or seems to be able to suck out pretty much every time. He also rarely calls, even in BB, generally raising. Oh yeah, lots of straddles as well, A hard player to go against, you have to be very certain. Because of his position relative to me, I only had a couple of hands each time where he wasn't involved.

There would certainly be some variance in my place there!

bz54321

bz54321

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HEY!!!

BZ, besides being totally truthful, where'd you get that awesome sig line?

Oh I didn't even see my new sig! A gnome must have sneaked in at night and changed it. It will prob take me about a week before I get around to changing it.

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA the hard way!

Hand history here.

I think this is the correct lay down with 66. What do you think?
Hand history here.

Last edited:
nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This hand with AK really surprised me. I can't think that I'm ever good given the action and the reactions on this hand.

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't gotten in nearly as many hands as I'd hoped to (weekends are pretty much when I have time to play), but I still think I'm mostly playing good.

GS Challenge March 24 Summary

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These are my results for today at 10NL. I will put in one more session tomorrow morning and then we'll see how I did overall this month.

GS Challenge March 30 Summary

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey deb, can't see your graph on my phone but I'm assuming you are doing well for the volume you can manage...do you play much during the week?...maybe you could put away some time for two 30 minute sessions a day...that would give you about 70 hands on 1 table...deffo better than nothing and would improve your game more, rather than just playing when you can fit it in.....

Although I know you are a busy gal with a job and kids, which in itself is an achievement lol, but you should deffo try and find a few minutes everyday and get into a habit of doing it.....do you do much study off the table? & what's your goals for next month? :)