a lot of poker players

thesurgeonfrank

thesurgeonfrank

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bet after the flop, to try to steal the pot. usually if your on a draw and call they will likely check leaving you a bet on a semi-bluff after which they fold, what is a good bet in relation to the pot size to make, to try to drive the person out without being reraised?

i dont like to go all-in on a draw so do i make the bet hopeing hes bluffing or do i just check and see the last card?

D

Dingodaddy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends. How strong is your draw, and how much strength has the orignal better displayed? Reads on the player help here, as does knowing your table image. Do you always bet in that situation? Some people will check-call down with semi-decent hands if they get flat called on the flop. Id say if you're gonna attempt to steal the pot on the turn after it's checked to you you have to bet out at least half the pot, sometimes more depending on the player. If you have a real strong draw I like to bet it on the turn because it gives you 2 chances to win, and if you get called you still have a good shot at hitting your draw on the river. A good player will probably know you're on a draw though, especially if you've been drawing a lot during the game and/or its a draw heavy board and make you pay for that river, even if they don't have a made hand. If he bets again you either have to raise or fold, or call and give up on the river if you dont hit your draw because a river bluff wont work.