A guide for those who just cant wait to move up limits(buy-ins).

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all I recommend that you read the CardsChat guide of the way you should move up limits. https://www.cardschat.com/poker-strategy.phpmoving-limits

Thats the way that you should do it but I know theres a lot of you that just don't do it that way. I know because I'm one of you. Here is the way I've been doing it and It would be almost impossible to go Bankrupt.

First lets say you make a deposit of $20. Now $20 could make you a lot of money on the higher limit tables. The problem is that even a pretty decent player would have to have luck on their side to turn that into big money.

Ring Games
I recommend you start at the 1c/2c tables. Once you've won enough at the 1c/2c tables to get the 2-3 times the maximum buy-in at the next level you can move up. If you lose the profit from the lower tables then move back down. That way you're moving up quickly but not risking your initial deposit at higher limits.

STAKES Max Buy-in Profit needed to move up
1c/2c $1.00 $6.00
2c/4c $2.00 $15.00
5c/10c $5.00 $30.00
10c/20c $10.00 $60.00
20c/40c $20.00 $150.00

Sit-N-Go's
I'm using Tropical Poker's buy-in/payout structure for this. The site you play on might be different.

Now I just started playing the .50c buy-in SnG's on tropical. To move up I'm going to try to make 2-3 time the top place price for the next level. Top price in the $1 buy-in is $5. I'm going to have to make $15 profit on the .50c buy-ins before I move up. Once I get the $15 profit I'm going to play the $1 buy-in's either until i make enough profit to move on to the $2 level($30) or until I lose the $15. If I lose my profit from the lower limit I move back down a level.

Buy-In Top Prize Profit needed to move up
0.50 $2.50 $15.00
$1 $5.00 $30.00
$2 $10.00 $45.00
$3 $15.00 $60.00

Now when I say profit I only mean the profit from the previous level. I've you've going to move up to the $3 buy-in SnG then you should of made $45 from the $2 level. Don't count the $30 you made from the $1 level. If you do it like that then you should have enough to play the higher limit and possibly have enough to either cash out and spend or risk it in MTT's or whatever. Have fun with that or keep it in your account for security if you have a really bad streak.
If you do it this way and if you as good of a player as you think you are you'll move up limits quick and make a pretty nice bankroll. If you seem to get stuck going up and down limits then you better click the link in the beginning of my post and do it the right way. You really cant lose a lot of money by doing it this way but you might get stuck and wont be able to make much either.

Last edited:
JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do want to clarify that I'm using Tropicals table limits and payout structure. I'm also going to make a table because apparently it didnt work on here.