Was this a good all in call?

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Full table %5-$10. !00bbs effective. First hand Hero with Kd Qd in the big blind. UTG raises 3 big blinds, Hero calls. Flop is K,9,7 suited. Hero bets half pot. Villain calls. Turn is a blank and Villain shoves. Obviously I have no profile on V because it's my first hand. I'm beaten by two pair, trips or AK. So is this still a call or too much of a gamble??

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Full table %5-$10. !00bbs effective. First hand Hero with Kd Qd in the big blind. UTG raises 3 big blinds, Hero calls. Flop is K,9,7 suited. Hero bets half pot. Villain calls. Turn is a blank and Villain shoves. Obviously I have no profile on V because it's my first hand. I'm beaten by two pair, trips or AK. So is this still a call or too much of a gamble??
In Full Ring tables players tend to me more tight than usual from UTG, having 7-8 players yet to speak.
Preflop is okay to call, but we can 3-bet from time to time to have initiative upon the pot when villain calls and to fold when villain 4-bets (it depends on some factors).
Why are we leading in a monotone flop? What is the suit of the flop? I will assume it is not diamonds, so what are we expecting here by utilizing a donks flop of 1/2 pot?
Besides the flush, villain could’ve AA, AK, KK, and maybe 99. Are we donking to get value of which hands?
I’m afraid our best line most of times is to be checking this flop to the aggressor.
Could you please give more details about the general suit of the flop and if you have checked or bet turn before villain jammed?

Thanks!

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not knowing anything about your opponent, I think we should assume their UTG raise represents a strong hand. I agree with the previous poster that checking the flop to the aggressor is probably the best move. I'm assuming you checked the blank turn? Again, not knowing the opponent, I would probably err on the side of caution and fold, based on the assumption we are viewing their UTG PF raise as very strong. With the limited information I have, I would probably guess they have AK. Given the action all the way through the turn, against an unknown opponent, I can't see anything outside of AA, KK, AK, KJ (likely suited), or 99 in their range, with us only beating KJ. It's possible that missing information on the suits of the cards could effect this advice.