99,TT,JJ is very dangerous

sam1chips

sam1chips

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You read the situation very well. I can't believe that donk would play his hand like that knowing he has not hit anything, he is playing it like it is a freeroll :D

The villain calling the 3 bet pre-flop with K7 offsuit is still baffling me. Maybe it was a misclick :D :D :D

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reads on villain: "faulty ATM"

If I had an A in my hand I would have played it the exact same way.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I remember playing a freeroll where I had pocket kings. I double raised the bb I think the bb was 40. I got one caller and the flop came, I can't remember the flop but I do remember an ace came. I limped in and he called. The turn came and it was another ace, again I limped in and he raised a lot. With the bad beats I get with the kings I folded.

I said on the chat these kings hate me and then I put did you have the aces? I was not expecting an reply, but he said no lol I bluffed you. I laughed and said at least you were honest.

I learned my lesson that day, I will not fold again especially in a freeroll, I will fold it if its a real money game though :)

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The villain calling the 3 bet pre-flop with K7 offsuit is still baffling me. Maybe it was a misclick :D :D :D

I misclicked before and folded an winning hand, I was trying to scroll over to call and tapped the touchpad over the fold, I actually slapped myself for that :D

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned my lesson that day, I will not fold again especially in a freeroll, I will fold it if its a real money game though :)
Hey EvertonGirl. You shouldn't be thinking in such a static way. The fact another ace came gives him fewer combos he can have and therefore more of a chance your kings are still good. But anyway...

Like most of poker, it largely depends on villains' tendencies and hand ranges.

In the above hand, I can assure you he was not misclicking.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally agree - they are dangerous hands - but they are still +EV. If you understand their value and play accordingly you should be happy to see these hands when they come up.

K

kworm2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just played this hand and thought of you lot.

IPoker, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

BTN: $11.16 (111.6 bb)
Hero (SB): $21.64 (216.4 bb)
BB: $25.72 (257.2 bb)
MP: $7.79 (77.9 bb)
CO: $3.99 (39.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T
spade4.gif
T
club4.gif

MP raises to $0.35, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1, BB folds, MP calls $0.65

Flop: ($2.10) 4
diamond4.gif
club4.gif
A
club4.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: ($2.10) 5
diamond4.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10

River: ($6.30) 5
heart4.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $4.69, Hero calls $4.69

Results: $15.68 pot ($1.04 rake)
Final Board: 4
diamond4.gif
club4.gif
A
club4.gif
diamond4.gif
heart4.gif

Hero mucked T
spade4.gif
T
club4.gif
and won $14.64 ($6.85 net)
MP showed 7
heart4.gif
K
spade4.gif
and lost (-$7.79 net)

Cos when an A flops they always have one right? ;)
It seems the MP is crazy.when you raised to 1$,7K call.I think most of us will fold.Maybe some of us with A7 will not fold.

aa88wildbill

aa88wildbill

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And the answer is simple, the read of your opponent.(Man does not live on bread alone) a poker player does not profit by math alone! This is one of the reasons why your read is so important.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would not call with A 7 as the 7 is a bad kicker, i have been stung a lot playing cards like these. I only call with A 10, A J, A Q and A K and of course A A :D

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TT in the small blind so much danger... but i would've raised 3 times the big blind if eveyone limped..
continuation bet and represent the ace that i didn't have on the flop and take it there and then... if not i'm always thinking these guys are going to bet big on draws or hit their miracle hand.

If i limped though with the crowd to hopefully get a set... i would've missed and folded quite happily since no one would've put me on a strong ace ... limping in would prolly give the opponents thinking my range wasn't that strong which they'd be right and being in a poor position i'd be silly to try and make any big moves here...

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By folding, but we can't really do that cause they are too good so just accept the fact that you will get dominated some times

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It always cheers me up to get dealt TT no matter what position I'm in. I really have no idea why so many of you are scared by the prospect of playing them. You probably feel the same way about AA going multiway and the flop coming T98ss and hating to x/f (something you've probably never done I'm guessing?).

Entitlement problems in this thread!

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I just had QQ and yes I shoved. I was on 1000 av was 3000ish. I wanted to double up or bust.

I busted against ace2 suited. He hit his ace on the flop. The turn and river never added anything to either of us.

C'est la vie :D

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you hate JJ/1010/99 you must get super shitty 97% of the time