99,1010,JJ facing 3bet out of position

M

Madmansam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I play 10nl FR with a full 100bb or more stack and I've been getting into tough spots with 99,1010,and JJ. I have a LAGy image with lots of raises in position when there are limpers and challenge for a lot of pots. So when I raise one of these three hands in early or middle position(not UTG) and get 3bet by a fairly tight, say 15/12 player in middle or late position and it gets folded back to me. How often am I good here? Can I ever consider 4betting if I've been pushing the action over the last few hands? Should I ignore the fact that I raised three of the last five hands in this spot? Please help.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're paying a lot more attention to your own perceived image than your opponents are 99% of the time. You're playing 10nl. People don't 3bet against your range at 10nl. 3bets by tightish players at 10nl are from real hands. You can generally just fold unless you're deep enough to set mine.

M

Madmansam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Am I giving up too easy in these spots by just folding? With a normal pot sized 3bet I usually am getting exactly 2-1. For arguments sake, say I am getting 2-1 with JJ. Is AK, AQ, 88, 99, 1010 in a normal 3betting range or is that too player specific? Also, should their 3bet size be telling me anything? Is bigger stronger and smaller weaker? Or vice versa? Or should I have a better read on the player to try to analyze there bet sizing?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK normally is in but the rest of those rarely are.

You can just fold 99-JJ to 3bets from decent players. JJ only has 36% equity against JJ+/AK add in TT and you have 43% with JJ. Add AQ and you're at 46% which is probably about break even when the dead money is considered and AQ is not in their value range.

M

Madmansam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks man. Seems pretty straightforward.