9 table or 6 table max

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The 6-max is more fast action and for more experienced players, where the variance also impacts more, I would recommend you continue at the tables of 9

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its all preference.. Personally, I prefer 9 player tables in cash games, and as for tournaments I like the smaller tables.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
First of all, the difference starts even pre-flop.

First of all, the difference starts even pre-flop.

For 9-max tables there are 3 additional positions, and the game in the early positions, due to the large number of people behind, should be very accurate - tight.

✔ PREFLOP

Let's discuss in more detail the difference between FR (Full Ring - 9-max) and SH (Short Handed - 6-max) tables in the preflop game:

1. All positions at 9-max tables play more tightly than in 6-max!

In particular, this concerns early positions. The average FR player will play by raising fewer hands from the same position as the average SH player.

2. The 9-max game is more straightforward.

Due to the fact that the blinds are less frequent, 9-max players tend to wait for strong hands for 3-bet / 4-beta

3. A lot of limps on 9-max!

Many players are afraid to raise with medium hands, but also do not want to throw them, so they limp. Often the first limp will generate a succession of subsequent limps.

4. Blinds are less stylish on FR tables.

The average player tries to steal the blinds less often, so you need to defend yourself more accurately.

But! There are fans to compose, so do not forget about the statistics from Holdem Manager 2!

5. Players rarely protect the blinds at 9-max.

You can not narrow your ranges, but rather expand them, implementing FE on the flop. But it's worth remembering this when assessing the post-flop range.

6. At 6-max, the premium hands are slowly slown down pre-flop.

And for 9-max tables you will often encounter 3-bet calls with KK / AA, QQ and AK in late positions.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon. It all depends on what kind of rivals are at the table. But this is my opinion.

Awrpze

Awrpze

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like 6-max better because you can play a bit faster, looser, and more aggressively. 6-max is more fun IMO. However, I'm better at full ring so I've been playing it more to boost my bankroll and test my patience and self-discipline.

Marcos mats

Marcos mats

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering on anyone's opinion on is it better to play 9 max or 6 max?
well ... I like both formats, but 6 max is a faster and more dynamic game. I play the 9 max and sometimes dumb to the 6 max.
We are together.
😎👊🍀💰

AMTF1988

AMTF1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 6-max, I make more profit playing against less opponents

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well.. imo, 6max is more risky because the game is more fast pace and the player are more loose than fullring.

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've played several times and I've always been better off when I'm playing the 6th
It's easier for me to evaluate the players
I also think that the players on the 6th are a bit faster and impatient

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I gues that you have to try it and see if it siutes you. I prefer 9 players on the table not a big fan of playind every 5 hand as sb or bb.

D

Denver225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if a little experience is better to play 9max first and then move to 6max 6max...more interesting and brighter

Vladimir Smugly

Vladimir Smugly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play in the game zoom - 6 max. In any other tournament - 9 at the table. I do not know how to explain this, why I like to play this way. But I play only like that.

alexkit13

alexkit13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 6 max because more action and faster!)

R

Raphael_CH

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well you should be able to handle every table size is all just a thing of adjustment on your own game

M

MrSamsa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering on anyone's opinion on is it better to play 9 max or 6 max?

Online is all about action and getting enough hands in to realize your edge so generally speaking 6-max > 9-max. I like 9 max though its a little bit more relaxing of a game

Andrei Nesterenko1

Andrei Nesterenko1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 in 9 max are two different tactics of the game, and you decide what you like best, keep in mind that in 6 max you will open much more hands