6max speed poker

H

hyrulewarrior85

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Should I play AA, KK, QQ only in cash games or should I open my range up a bit as I am a beginner. AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, AQ?:D

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you should defiinitely play many more hands. If you would wait only for monsters, very good hands then you would just lose money in a long run. If you would fold everything in every hand then you would loose 1.5bb in every 6 hands. And you get aces once in ~ 200 hands. People will see that you are so tight so they won't pay off when you will get good hands to make more money then your loss when you fold. You need to fight for the blinds because poker is about taking blinds.

You can check some free ranges on internet. If I can recommend something I think free ranges from gto wizard site are ok. There are nl50 ranges, but they are pretty ok for microstakes too. You need to tight them up a little bit.

G

Great Big Pair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spend some time learning about position. What you open should largely be dictated by your position.

Also learn about opening vs. calling ranges. In general terms, you need a stronger range to call than to open. You can also call a little more loosely when you're last to act in a multi-way pot for example. These are important basics to understand.

Belpster

Belpster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
loose 1.5bb in every 6 hands.

this was a way that got me to open my range... to be in profit I needed to win over 1.5bb per orbit(on average)... 4bb/100 which is not a bad return would be about 1.75bb per orbit on average. As already stated position is king

Have fun and good luck!!!

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this was a way that got me to open my range... to be in profit I needed to win over 1.5bb per orbit(on average)... 4bb/100 which is not a bad return would be about 1.75bb per orbit on average. As already stated position is king

Have fun and good luck!!!

I'm glad it helped you. Of course I meant lose :D typo mistake, but you got it. Good luck!

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The closer you're to the button the wider your range should be. You can't wait for premium hands especially in 6max.

N

Negan92222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be patient and allow yourself a bit more time to win, every hand could be the winning hand after two more cards