6 max vs 9 handed?

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy playing 6 max more so that a full ring game. The game is faster, you get involved in more hands, and you develop a dynamic between the other players at the table which can help your edge if you are paying attention. You have to be extra careful for sharks at 6 max tables. Regulars at certain games can have an edge that is worth avoiding.

I play mostly 6 max and heads up. When I go back to a 9 man game, I usually get burned starting off because I forget to adjust my ranges for the 3 extra positions and get a little too loosey goosey.

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My game of choice between the two is a 6 player table.For the simple reason that there is less noise....meaning there is less action going on around you.
For myself, it is easier to focus and control my game against the players at the table.

Oh I forgot ONE.......very important reason.........The payouts...... only two get paid ..... which I love !

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
6 max seems to just move quicker. If I have lots of time, i prefer 9 max

ederato

ederato

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the 6-max more because the players develop better the plays and do not get much in the slow play

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 9 player, because the game is more locked, and I believe that the bluffs go better, 6 player tables is very dimanica, an Ax has a lot of value in the table of 6 player, ja A6off in the table of 9 player many times you will drop . the range of call and open raise are many different.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands