4Bet with KK in zoom NL2

E

Excomm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 betting with KK could be dangerous; But on a 6 handed table, the odds he has AA is around 4%. I would definitely shove if you know the player not to be a total tight wad.

I think 4% is for 9 handed, vs. 5 other players the probability of another player having AA is 0.0244 or 2.44%. Just a minor correction.

DanBilzerian

DanBilzerian

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate ZOOM ! i dont understand why people really play it , its the best way to lose money really really fast

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Out of 50K hands at 2nl Zoom, Ive got 20 Hands AIPF
3 x AA
1 x QQ
2 x JJ
1 x TT
1 x 99
1 x 77

4 x AK
2 x AQs
1 x AJs
1 x A9o
1 x K8s
1 x T9s
1 x 97s

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just checked at 2c/5c Zoom and 5c/10c Zoom and similar story

2c/5c Zoom 53K Hands 12 Hands AIPF
3 x AA
1 x KK
1 x JJ
1 x 99
1 x 77
2 x AK
1 x AQo
1 x JTo
1 x A3o

5c/10c Zoom 58K Hands 13 Hands AIPF
1 x AA
2 x QQ
1 x JJ
1 x 99
1 x 55
4 x AK
2 a AJo
1 x QJo

A

alexfirst

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
funny ) may not be worth doing 4bet?

tetragorod

tetragorod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate ZOOM ! i dont understand why people really play it , its the best way to lose money really really fast

Who wants to — looking for a way, who does not want — searches for the reason

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is totally player dependent but I think NOT 4Betting with KK at NL2 (especially 6max) is going to be a big mistake most of the time. Most NL2 players (even the regs) are really bad at finding the fold button preflop especially.

Don't allow short term results to cloud your better judgement. You probably just ran into AA a few times lately and they folded a bunch otherwise. 4Betting is still definitely the superior play regardless of position in this game with KK against anyone.

Dutchtegon

Dutchtegon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
True, if you run against a pocket A it just wasn't your day. the chances are so small and the chanches that he is trying with AK AQ AJ A10. QQ, JJ, 1010 are much bigger. All these times you will be in a good fever to get some profit.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
what is the best way to play a hand of group 1 in cash and how I should act so that opponents do not foldem?

S

sunofabeach

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to be honest, nl2 has not much to do with the "classic poker". there are just so many crazy things happening there :D

but one thing I can tell ... when you face aggression after the flop, they usually have something!

@Luan, be aggressive with good hands pre flop. don't be afraid to go all-in with the best ones.

N

nkat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, like others have said KK all in all day. Sounds like you've been getting unlucky

bellybuster7

bellybuster7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK=premium, all time allin , only all in, dont call.

B

Broon1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most of the time you will be ahead. if you're not how are you going to get away from the hand anyway? it's worth while to stack especially if you're postflop skills aren't top notch

K

kmart99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you 4 bet your KK in a ring game and then someone else goes all in.... Without any info on the player it seems obvious that AA, KK, or QQ are in their hand. AA being the most likely for most online ring game players.

If the person going over top was somewhat short stacked, AA becomes less likely. If you've been paying attention and picked up on a pattern of over aggressive preflop play, then AA becomes less likely as well.

If you're multi-tabling without a HUD, then you're on your own. It's tough to spot betting patterns while playing 4+ tables, so in that case youre on your own.

If you make the same move in a tournament, your opponent's range widens to AA,KK,QQ,JJ,AK,AQ. (Provided they have at least an average stack). If they have 20BBs or less, their range is basically any pocket pair or AK,AQ,AJ,A10,KQ. I NEVER fold KK preflop in a tourney and I'm yet to run in to aces. Players in tournaments are just so much weaker.

Last edited: