2NL is unbeatable because...

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Want to thank Cafeman for help me crush 2nl on Stars.

That's awesome man, I'm so proud of you.

EDIT: I hope you haven't forgotten that part of the deal was a 50/50 profit share?

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I need coaching, but considering your prices, I am not sure. I dont think any coach worth his weight in FPP's would do it for the ridiculously low price you offer. (lets be honest, it almost a give away)

So PM sent, I will give it a shot but only if we can do a 20 session PKG and at a 12.5445% increase - so that I get the subconscious ides that I am actually getting something of substance.

Expenses can run as high as you feel necessary.

BTW, if I achieve BE or better, we can consider another 20 as I move up to .05 nl....ok?

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys, dont listen to this joker. Hes a cheat, he has access to other players hole cards! He works for the poker site and plays as well and makes shit loads of $$$ playing tables like this.

He no good enough beat 2nl really

Lucothefish

Lucothefish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing $2nl for three years now, I'm down about $4k lifetime. I think I'm playing well, it's just coolers mostly (stars, rigged obv) but I think some coaching could really take my game to the next level.

I have a question and if I like your answer I will ship you enough for a month of coaching. There are lots of times where I fold a quality hand like 93o preflop and the flop comes 993r so I would have had a boat, should I just get it all in if I feel a boat coming?

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I need coaching, but considering your prices, I am not sure. I dont think any coach worth his weight in FPP's would do it for the ridiculously low price you offer. (lets be honest, it almost a give away)

So PM sent, I will give it a shot but only if we can do a 20 session PKG and at a 12.5445% increase - so that I get the subconscious ides that I am actually getting something of substance.

Expenses can run as high as you feel necessary.

BTW, if I achieve BE or better, we can consider another 20 as I move up to .05 nl....ok?

lol, stop kidding around. Sure, I'll coach you, but there's no point playing 5NL (well known as the toughest limit there is), we'll just skip straight to 10NL once you've proved yourself as a winning player at 2NL. This should take about 200k hands.

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys, dont listen to this joker. Hes a cheat, he has access to other players hole cards! He works for the poker site and plays as well and makes shit loads of $$$ playing tables like this.

He no good enough beat 2nl really

I no good enough? I plenty good enough!

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a question and if I like your answer I will ship you enough for a month of coaching. There are lots of times where I fold a quality hand like 93o preflop and the flop comes 993r so I would have had a boat, should I just get it all in if I feel a boat coming?
Ahhh brilliant. I've been waiting for a question like this.

What we have here is a classic case of being results oriented. You see, you're forgetting all those times that villain shows up with pocket Ks and binks the turn.

Anyway, let's just break it down. The way I see it, we can play 93o in 3 ways.

1) We can limp, and when we hit 993 on the flop we slowplay to the river and then jam it all in. Sometimes we'll get called.

2) We open for a raise, but the problem here is, we often get too many folds.

3) If we feel a boat coming on, then obviously getting it all in preflop is the aim. However, on the rare occasions that our instincts let us down, we're probably only flipping vs their range.

So, assuming you're well rolled and can handle the variance without going on tilt, then option 3 is probably the best play, followed by 1. Opening hands for a raise is usually problematic and can get us in some tough spots, so 2 is out in most cases anyway.

benevg

benevg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a tough leak to fix, and if I'm being honest, I'm not sure there is any way round it. Perhaps someone else can help out here?
i agree with that. perhaps the only hope is to start talking in the chat window, announcing you always have hands like 7-2 and 9-3 in the BB. that should eventually help to convince someone to try and steal the blind off of you.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Folding AA pre so you dont lose a stack when villain hits is a good approach, or no???

Playing T20 is much more hidden, and makes you more unpredictable.

Am I getting it?

Lucothefish

Lucothefish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the detailed response! With regards to option 3, is developing boat instincts something that your coaching can help with?

I always slowplay then jam river with sets or better, glad to know I'm doing it right.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ahhh brilliant. I've been waiting for a question like this.

What we have here is a classic case of being results oriented. You see, you're forgetting all those times that villain shows up with pocket Ks and binks the turn.

Anyway, let's just break it down. The way I see it, we can play 93o in 3 ways.

1) We can limp, and when we hit 993 on the flop we slowplay to the river and then jam it all in. Sometimes we'll get called.

2) We open for a raise, but the problem here is, we often get too many folds.

3) If we feel a boat coming on, then obviously getting it all in preflop is the aim. However, on the rare occasions that our instincts let us down, we're probably only flipping vs their range.

So, assuming you're well rolled and can handle the variance without going on tilt, then option 3 is probably the best play, followed by 1. Opening hands for a raise is usually problematic and can get us in some tough spots, so 2 is out in most cases anyway.

best post i've ever read, people should read this many times and really try to understand the theory behind each point. man i feel like i've just had a poker epiphany.

Lucothefish

Lucothefish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I must say I was very pleased with cafeman's response, sheer brilliance. Needs more than one read through to be really appreciated.

And this is just what he's sharing for free, imagine what the €350/hr (plus expenses) will get you!

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
best post i've ever read, people should read this many times and really try to understand the theory behind each point. man i feel like i've just had a poker epiphany.

You mean you'll start playing hands?

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go me !!!

zomgo.jpg

Last edited:
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brag and beat in one pic.

Last edited:
bz54321

bz54321

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree with that. perhaps the only hope is to start talking in the chat window, announcing you always have hands like 7-2 and 9-3 in the BB. that should eventually help to convince someone to try and steal the blind off of you.

Good try ben but I think the real answer is to min bet in mid position into the blind that would be on the button during your blind. Just keep doing it and they will start to play back at you when they are on the button. Also helps get the guy currently on the button to start raising more guaranteeing that 100% vpip. :coffee:

MisterLongFace

MisterLongFace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

wow, hidden gem alert. you latched onto something significantly +EV here, it appears. think about it, lot of times we will be right about this 'boat feel' and in those cases obv we win most of the time.
in a worst case scenario, we feel something coming on, maybe it's not a boat, but we thought it was. maybe we just ate a bowl of chili and misinterpreted the feeling, but point is, like you say, we are flipping against their likely range.
so overall,looking at long term plus ROI, we need to further discuss and exploit this angle. well done sir.

P

pokerprince89

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is beatable. No one folds so don't ever make bluff bets or any advanced bets like raising with draws etc. Just raise with the nuts or near nuts and value bet with strong hands.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is beatable. No one folds so don't ever make bluff bets or any advanced bets like raising with draws etc. Just raise with the nuts or near nuts and value bet with strong hands.

Lol, did you read the thread?

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Logic like this is honestly why so many people find 2NL to be unbeatable. Everyone else is playing exactly like this so if you try it... where's your edge coming from? To counter other players you actually play the exact opposite way that they do (play loose against tight players, tight against loose players blah blah). Check down your nutted hands to snap call river bluffs and play draws/air aggressively to win more pots and build an image. Seems counter intuitive to beginners I know but poker is all about deception.

Seraphim

Seraphim

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn this is what I have been doing wrong this whole time thank you for opening my eyes!