2NL - Breaking even.

dionlugt

dionlugt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your reply,

Tilted yesterday and went from 70 to 40$.. My own fold ofcourse.
But now I can't seem to beat it anymore, nobody calls my valuebets and if they do they got the nuts or suck out on me.
Really really frustrating.

Anyways, I think I need some solid tips and a bit of motivation to get to the point where I finally will be able to crush 2NL.

Thank in advance and thanks for your book!
Dionlugt

Kostone

Kostone

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just keep playing, re-read blackrains book, get people on Skype to talk to and discuss leaks etc, let them watch one of your sessions play like normal and make them take notes on where your going wrong, also one thing I can say is that a big river bet is usually the nuts and that people have pretty tight 4Bet range so 3bet bluff a bit with top 15% hands etc.

Grind at it and I am sure if you have half a brain cell you will beat these stakes

dionlugt

dionlugt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok so today I started paying attention to villains ranges according to their stats..
Guess what, made a profit of $23 in 3 hours :)
Also stopped calling preflop raises, only to setmine.
I 3-bet IP with JJ+ and AQs+, is that ok?

Glad to hear from you guys,
Dionlugt

Kostone

Kostone

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played Zoom 2nl for 3 hours and made 10BIs well played, how many tables was you playing at?

dionlugt

dionlugt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stopped playing zoom, its kinda like switching coolers.
But I played 4 tables with HUD

dionlugt

dionlugt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another question, with howbmany buyins should I start taking shots at 5NL?
And can I play 5NL with the same strategy? Actually tight ABC poker

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best thing you can do is not go past the flop with the worst hand. I can't see your stats on my phone, so I have to be kinda general. Try to save your aggression for the last 3 positions, even with mid pairs like 99 to jj pre flop. That saved me a ton of money. You will give up some theoretical equity, but you will win more money. Other than that try focusing on what you opponent seems to have. Don't be stubborn. The real game behind the game is manipulation, and it is mostly played post flop.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would take shots at around 20 buy ins to be safe.

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a tiny sample of hands but the earlier post about what your stats should be was excellent and I intend to apply it to my game and adjust a few things. My graph is similar at 5NL.

My three-bet percentage is just over 3% which I guess is far too low.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your reply,

Tilted yesterday and went from 70 to 40$.. My own fold ofcourse.
But now I can't seem to beat it anymore, nobody calls my valuebets and if they do they got the nuts or suck out on me.
Really really frustrating.

Anyways, I think I need some solid tips and a bit of motivation to get to the point where I finally will be able to crush 2NL.

Thank in advance and thanks for your book!
Dionlugt

Perhaps you sat on the table full of regs. Any reason to fold is good enough and also you might be not balancing your range enough. Meaning ppl will general know what your going in with without seeing your cards. You need to be somewhat unpredictable without playing wreckless :)

E

ezevan1022

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight abc poker will win at these low limits. Try limiting the amount of tables you play on and review a few of your hand histories, the ones where you lost the most and possibly post the hand on the forums to ask for advice.

dionlugt

dionlugt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I switched to 6max, still breaking even but sometimes I stack a few fishes and thats mainly my profit, if I sit with regs etc I am breaking even, which I will work on ofcourse :)