200nl stats check please :)

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's my 200nl stats so far. I still consider myself a noob at ring games (it's only been since April that I started playing with any intent), so thoughts please on my stats.

Obviously the $ is ok but I don't use Pokertracker to identify holes and probably should. I also don't know how to interpret the aggression factors so any thoughts there would be welcome. I will say that I play an odd post-flop game sometimes so that might show up. I'm also aware that the Won a Showdown seems a little high?

Ringanalysis1

Ringanalysis2

martygokona

martygokona

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stats look good to me. one thing.. is a $200 game always a 1/2 no limit? Is a $50 game always a .25/.50 no limit? 100 bb, buy ins? Always been confused on that? How about limit games?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
half awake 430 am here...quick answer: your vpip/pfr gap is way too big, but I know you and liam can play that style effectively so whatevs.

ATS could be way higher. You're giving up tons of value (immediate and metagame by way of a looser image imo).

Overall aggression seems low too.

martygokona

martygokona

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
half awake 430 am here...quick answer: your vpip/pfr gap is way too big, but I know you and liam can play that style effectively so whatevs.

ATS could be way higher. You're giving up tons of value (immediate and metagame by way of a looser image imo).

Overall aggression seems low too.

so if that vpip/pfr gap is way too high, what do you think is optimal chuck? I don't use tracker yet but I'm reading the online instructions and beginning to get a handle on it. That's why my questions probably seem somwhat medial. Please stick with me.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cheers Chuck, I think my vpip gap is at least in part because I don't 3 and 4 bet as much as most. I don't think there's many limps in there, I certainly don't feel like I limp much.

If you have the time could you elaborate on the aggression thing, I really have no frame of reference for the stats.

As for ATS I you are probably right, when I started out ringing I was doing too much of it (and playing the SB too strong), I reigned it right in to build a solid base but coud probably do with loosening a bit now.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so if that vpip/pfr gap is way too high, what do you think is optimal chuck? I don't use tracker yet but I'm reading the online instructions and beginning to get a handle on it. That's why my questions probably seem somwhat medial. Please stick with me.

'Optimal stats' are dependent on a million factors, I can't just give you some numbers and say "that's how you should play". There are general guidelines that should be followed like keeping your vpip/pfr fairly close, but there are definitely players who play unique styles that are somewhat outside the box, and they win.

Cheers Chuck, I think my vpip gap is at least in part because I don't 3 and 4 bet as much as most. I don't think there's many limps in there, I certainly don't feel like I limp much.

So maybe you're flatting a fair amount of raises? Relating to the next point if you're doing that without much aggression I'm not sure how effective that will be.

If you have the time could you elaborate on the aggression thing, I really have no frame of reference for the stats.

Well not that my FR stats are anything close to optimal, but I think I played your 'standard' tag style (15/12/3.2) which isn't all that aggressive, and my agg. per street is 4.88/1.9/1.7. As the player pool's average skill level improves they're going to take notice of tags like me who cbet the flop and give up on most turns, but those stats are from <200nl where I didn't have to worry about people using their brains. So obviously at 200nl you're going to get floated more and basically owned more, but you could still manage higher AF numbers.

Your low aggression is almost surely why your W$WSF is so low too. It's kind of expected for most FR players to have kind of shitty non-showdown winnings, and thus kind of low a wwsf number, but yours looks especially low. Didn't notice that til now. Basically it looks like you could be nut-peddling a little too much.

What are your cbet flop/turn/river stats?

edit: now that I check my wwsf, it's only at %38, but I think mine was especially low too since I was kind of a tagfish :p

As for ATS I you are probably right, when I started out ringing I was doing too much of it (and playing the SB too strong), I reigned it right in to build a solid base but coud probably do with loosening a bit now.

This is definitely something that's contributing to your low pfr, especially if you've made a concscious effort to tone it down. Even at 200nl 6max where the regulars are obviously a lot more aggressive than those at 200nl FR, I find they fold WAY too often and it's just giving up too much value not to steal wide.

Without going into maths because I'm too lazy to look up a stox video where they explained it perfectly, you can literally open any two cards when folded to on the button if the blinds are even remotely tight. I imagine FR players can get pretty nitty vs blind steals (judging by your stats ;)) and there's just a ton of value in stealing.

I'd say try to hit %30-40 with you ATS.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cheers Chuck, I do flat a lot of raises where others might 4-bet, I don't think I nut-peddle so much as avoid geting involved in flops that might get messy. I'm definately giving up some value as a result, but in part this is because at the moment at least I don't think I'm good enough to extract the value that's there (not sure if this makes sense).

Thanks Chuck lots to think about.