Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
What do you think about playing cash games in NL HE 6 max?
Is it possible or is it pure lottery?
It seems to me that sometimes the variance goes crazy on those tables...
greetings

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
These are good games to play if you want to start playing cash. Fairly easy to beat and variance doesnt need to be that high as long as you play a solid tight and aggressive strategy.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
The lowest NLH cash game tables probably have one of the lowest variances you can find in poker.

MTTs, spin and go, and higher cash games there your opponents are better obviously have a much higher variance.

I think many people look at some very short-term variance at the lower levels because some idiot wins a whole stack with a bad starting hand or a sick call with almost no outs. But in the long run that is every poker player's dream: to find people that put their money in bad.

You can play very nitty and still win money at 2nl. It is not the optimal style but one of the easiest.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Yom I think that to begin with it is better to play MTT tournaments in microlimit tournaments rather than variance is the madness of players who go there with garbage and pay with garbage and you can win several boxes in one day and lose them that easily the next day. MTT tournaments are quieter to develop your game

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What do you think about playing cash games in NL HE 6 max?
Is it possible or is it pure lottery?
It seems to me that sometimes the variance goes crazy on those tables...
greetings
You cannot play cash similar the way you play tournaments. My personal opinion is that they are completely different. In tournaments we are stacking with anything, any time: in cash we have to be cautios even when we hit monster hands or get dealt preflop JJ+.
In cash we must have the ability to fold, the discipline to choose opponents carefully and lay down second best hands when there’s too much action into the pot.
For example, I 3-bet AJo to 3x versus normal open raiseIP full stack and opponent 4-bets to 36 BB. Course of action? Fold.
I open AKo from UTG and get a 3-bet and a 4-bet ahead. Course of action? It depends, if opponents are full stack most of times it’s a simple fold. If they are broken stack we can think about calling or jamming.
In tournaments we are almost never folding AKo: if we open AKo close to the bubble and 3 players ahead shove all-in, we call and it’s fine if we miss or if we hit.
And yes, it’s possible to build a decent balance to climb the stairs and to go play higher stakes where we can think about profits: we do not play NLHE 2, 5 or even NLHE 10 to make profit and regular withdrawals: we play these stakes for a couple of cents that will allow us to build a balance/bankroll sufficient to play NLHE 25, 50, where we are playing to profit (depending on the country you are).

CeegeePoker

CeegeePoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
It depends on what your prefer.
Cash games:
  1. Have more freedom to join and quit
  2. Typically less variance than MTTs
  3. Easier to learn and study
MTTs
  1. Fun format that is very dynamic
  2. More excitement (especially in later stages)
  3. Chance at winning bigger money

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Less players means, a faster game, with more pressure. You can win easier but you can lose easier too. I f you are careful and you know when to start and when to finish, then you have a good opportunity !