Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I love when I have a hand like this in the BB and its a limped pot. When you hit and bet it hard everyone remembers what you had and forget you were in the BB and will pay you off light later on.

S

SharkFinn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check every time. With limpers from early positions there's a decent chance one of them has a big hand and is hoping they get a raise from later positions.

W

WHAKAORIORI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Check and hopefully hit quads ha . Mind you I find 72 better looking than 93 . Anything suited oh well in there ha

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol,

I play a lot of live poker and to be honest, i would muck my cards and take a bathroom break.

I mostly play 1-3 and 2-5. As the OP suggests. A ton of limping and a ton of over bets (25.00 open, and still get 3 calls. )

It is very profitable to simply play tight straight forward poker. Most of the players don't get it.

What i avoid is getting into trash pots with a bunch of limpers. Just a waste of time and money.

Even premium hands lose their value when facing more than 1 villain, you get to 3 or 4 it's an impossible hand to make profitable.

At low levels, people are impatient and tight super aggressive play wins.

Highsolation

Highsolation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think one key point to really grasp and accept is that one cannot win every single hand, there are hands that after being dealt, no matter what you do, you just cannot win that hand. This case being one of them.
There are a lot of players in the pot, and you have the absolute worst hand. Even if you go all in trying to buy the pot, some guy probably will call you with a better hand, and you will be a huge underdog.
I think you can only check/limp behind, there's just no other way of playing this spot.

Y

Yontox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With these stack sized you pretty much play push or fold. You should have a wide variety of hands to shove with, but not all.

That being said 27o is below your range I think it should be like 67s+ shoving range if you're against bad players who like to limp a lot :)

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is not a bluff situation, and limping not means that a 55 or sthg like this couldn't call you later on. A healthy check way to see the flop. :)

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just ran a poker equity calculator, entering 8 random hands and giving you 7 of spades, 2 of hearts.

In this scenario, the other 8 players each have roughly 11.8% equity of this preflop pot, while you have the remaining 5.6% equity. Your equity here is HALF of the equity of each of the other players. In case you don't understand equity, just trust me, this is a TERRIBLE place to raise.

I'm not sure how accurate a 9-handed equity calculation is (normally we only have 2 to 3 players involved, not all 9), but I hope this little exercise reveals that raising here is almost equivalent to financial suicide. Yes, you're free to do it anytime, but no, it's probably not your wisest move to do so. :)

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always call in these situations, and that's why I'm already playing on the flop.

T

Trestivo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would check to see my equity after the flop I don't want to try to bluff a pot with a 72 like that

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a fan of trying to steal the pot in this situation. If 8 have already limped, 2 or more opponents will certainly call and then you shouldn't be completely lost with your hand. I think trying to bluff and steal the pot here is a waste of money. Check and fold after the flop unless you flopped two pairs or better.

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't imagine a worse game)) Is this a tilt or what?