You don't want results.. Just walk you through the hand

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will only paste individual parts.. then you say what is right or wrong :)
I actually like this hand..

Table: 5209705 (real money) Seat #3 is the dealer
Seat 3 - JRH8849 ($1295 in chips)
Seat 4 - TWIZZYBOP ($3360 in chips)
Seat 7 - LESTER607 ($4325 in chips)
Seat 8 - METEBO ($2055 in chips)
Seat 9 - FLINTSTONE53 ($2465 in chips)
TWIZZYBOP - Posts small blind $50
LESTER607 - Posts big blind $100
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to TWIZZYBOP [Qh Kd]
METEBO - Folds
FLINTSTONE53 - Calls $100
JRH8849 - Folds
TWIZZYBOP - Raises $150 to $200
LESTER607 - Calls $100
FLINTSTONE53 - Folds
*** FLOP *** [Qd 10c 9c]
TWIZZYBOP - Checks
LESTER607 - Bets $700
TWIZZYBOP - Calls $700

Explanation of why I called here..Don't know if it was the right choice but I did what I thought was my best interest. I called cause chip leader loves to play any 2 cards. Early in the game tried to get me off top pair of K's with my Q kicker holding K,5 suited. I also wanted him to think I was holding a mid pocket pair. A few hands earlier I got called all-in with JJ's cause I made a 4X pre-flop raise with. Also trying to conceal high pair with a straight draw.

Now the turn.. [Qd 10c 9c] [Js].. gets interesting..
TWIZZYBOP - Checks
LESTER607 - Bets $300
TWIZZYBOP - Raises $1300 to $1300
LESTER607 - Calls $1000

Again the check for concealment and re-raise for strength.
Results for later..dunno if I should have re-raised more but established strength with it.

Results later :)

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't have checked on the flop. You have to make a big bet with top pair and a possible striaght draw. There is also a flush draw that the other player could be chasing (maybe even a striaght draw) so you should have bet a big amount for him not to chase. On the turn, I like the raise here, but maybe a little more. I might go as far as saying an all-in at this point. Unless he catches the flush on the river or has an Ace and a King comes up on the river, you're golden.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
- Raise more preflop. Minraising from the small blind is really, really silly. The BB and any limpers will call with most hands so you're left out of position in a swollen pot, often multiway with no real information as to th strength of your opponent's holdings.

- Bet the flop, for reasons already mentioned. Failing that, push after you check and he bets. By check-calling, (1) you're getting no real information, and (2) you're not pressuring him into folding and thus automatically taking the pot yourself.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did a mini raise.. well the last 3-4 times.. I raised 4-5X the BB..Trying also to keep everyone guessing... I even limped in with A,K once and hit top 2 pair on the flop.. got an all-in cause the flop shown A,2,K rainbow.. Guy had A,2. So the purpose of the mini-raise is to keep people guessing. Trying to mix it up as much as possible.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another reason on the check on the flop.. the K,Q vs his K,5.. was set up the same way.. I turned into a calling station(or smooth called) on purpose to conceal my strength. Worked out very well and figured I would at least start with the same strategy(hopes he was paying attention from the last time around).

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
*** RIVER *** [Qd 10c 9c Js] [Ks]
TWIZZYBOP - Bets $500
LESTER607 - Raises $1500 to $1500
TWIZZYBOP - All-In $660
LESTER607 - returned ($340) : not called
*** SHOW DOWN ***
LESTER607 - Shows [As 7d] (Straight, ten to ace)

Now knowing I was probably beat.. here was the difficult part. Check/Fold after coming that far. Or take a chance that there was the possibility of having the best hand. I took a chance but see where the Mistake was..At the flop..Cause the turn is where he probably would have folded had I made a bet on the flop.

So I liked this hand cause after the lose.. I had a feeling that I made a mistake but wanted confirmation.. it also goes to show that trying to smooth
call my opponent into thinking I had weakness from the start.

Crippler450

Crippler450

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The pre-flop play seems very counterproductive to me. Why min-raise? It tells you absolutely nothing of the other players' hands. For whatever reason,the guy who called 100 then folded to another 100 (idiotic), so you got lucky there. But the guy in the big blind could have had a 4 5 and would have probably called you for that measley amount. What if the flop is Q 4 5? If you would have raised more pre-flop, at least you would know that he probably doesnt have 2 low cards.

You lost this hand with your pre-flop play. You could have taken a free $200 but instead you chose to allow him to draw-out on you. The only place I partly agree with your play on this hand is on the turn, where you didnt allow him to see a river for only $300 (though calling would have been stupid in MANY reasons, so it was partly common sense).

I dont know all the variables on this hand, like previous play of your opponents, so I'll just assume that you were switching up your play in order to try something different and see what happens. But I definitely wouldnt advise playin in this manner over an extended period of time.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
twizzybop said:
Another reason on the check on the flop.. the K,Q vs his K,5.. was set up the same way.. I turned into a calling station(or smooth called) on purpose to conceal my strength. Worked out very well and figured I would at least start with the same strategy(hopes he was paying attention from the last time around).

You have top pair and a gutshot on a very draw-heavy board. Your hand is not strong enough to do this with.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands