Would you ever fold KK preflop?

T

tomnovember

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course this isn't the logical way to think, I probably do the same because I wouldn't care about losing $2 with kings, but if it got deeper and where I cared, I think I fold here. He just has to have AA with that bet. and if hes daring with QQ then good for him, but it sure feels and looks like aces, I am letting it go.

I mean, as this is just NL2, many fishes will preflop allin with weird hands such as QQ or even JTs. So no need to be afraid here.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The advice of a main event winner is that as a practical matter you should never fold KK preflop. For every occasion when they have AA there will be others when they have KK QQ and AK (especially suited) all of these hands will be played in the same way as aces the majority of the time.
So if you start to fold KK you will cost yourself money in the long run.
This hand clearly shows that even in against aces you still have equity.
Just play each hand situationally sometimes with heavy all in multi way action involving TIGHT passive players you can lay them down.

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have. It was too risky. My whole stack was concerned. And luck. It was a good fold. 45678 took everything. Lucky me :) :) :)

Folding in Poker