what to do what to do

brutus

brutus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everybody been playing pretty much straight up not much donkiness goin on

pokerstars Game #7555910456: Hold'em No Limit ($0.05/$0.10) - 2006/12/22 - 13:40:14 (ET)
Table 'Aurora IV' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: Mc-non ($10.05 in chips)
Seat 2: brutus34 ($5.10 in chips)
Seat 3: peon11 ($10.50 in chips)
Seat 4: AuriannA ($12.60 in chips)
Seat 5: webdriver ($9.85 in chips)
Seat 6: 13HOLEINONE ($9.75 in chips)
Seat 7: bibber33 ($11.50 in chips)
Seat 8: rograndom ($9.85 in chips)
Seat 9: elbow nuts ($5.85 in chips)
13HOLEINONE: posts small blind $0.05
bibber33: posts big blind $0.10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to brutus34 [Js Kc]
rograndom: calls $0.10
elbow nuts: calls $0.10
Mc-non: folds
brutus34: raises $0.10 to $0.20
peon11: folds
AuriannA: folds
webdriver: folds
13HOLEINONE: calls $0.15
bibber33: calls $0.10
rograndom: calls $0.10
elbow nuts: calls $0.10
*** FLOP *** [9d Ks Ts]
13HOLEINONE: bets $0.50
bibber33: folds
rograndom: raises $1 to $1.50
elbow nuts: folds
brutus34: calls $1.50
13HOLEINONE: raises $8.05 to $9.55 and is all-in
rograndom: raises $0.10 to $9.65 and is all-in
brutus34::confused: :hmmmm2:

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it was one all in, I say call. But, you up agianst two players here and the chances are good they either have K, Q or possibly two pair, That reduces you to a gutshot straight draw to win and I wouldn't risk the rest of my chipstack up against two players for a gutshot straight draw.

Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold. I'd say one of them has to have JQ.

zebranky

zebranky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it was one all in, I say call. But, you up agianst two players here and the chances are good they either have K, Q or possibly two pair, That reduces you to a gutshot straight draw to win and I wouldn't risk the rest of my chipstack up against two players for a gutshot straight draw.

I'm with T1riel on this one - its not worth calling. There's only three hands worth playing here - the flush draw (which you don't really have), a strong King (AK of KQ), or a straight draw. You only have one of those, and its not the nut straight draw either. Its a gutshot for the middle-straight.

It's time to let this hand go.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not even close, easy fold. Probably not even worth calling after someone raises on the flop.

brutus

brutus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
brutus34: calls $3.40 and is all-in

*** RIVER *** [9d Ks Ts 8c] [Jc]
rograndom said, "THANXORS!"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
13HOLEINONE: shows [9s 9c] (three of a kind, Nines)
rograndom: shows [Jd Qd] (a straight, Nine to King)
rograndom collected $8.85 from side pot
brutus34: shows [Js Kc] (two pair, Kings and Jacks)
rograndom collected $14.95 from main pot

yep im an idiot....i was thinking one was chasing a straight and the other a flush so i POSSIBLY..just maybe but probably not have the best hand. l had $6 that i didnt have at the table so it wasnt going to wipe me out completely, and trigger finger was just too happy. working on building the 6 to 10 now so i can get in the donkament.

PopDog60

PopDog60

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was thinkin one prob had set and other prob had the QJ

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sorry but I have to say it. What's with the mini-bet preflop? What information did you get from that bet?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah preflop is horrible lol.

Easy flop fold, top pair isn't the nuts on a co-ordinated board with that kind of action.

brutus

brutus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can chalk that up to playing a bit to nervously after experiencing some pretty bad beats. figured K Jo aint worth much preflop so just made mini raise to keep the blinds from seeing free flop.

hijack.......how much worth should be put on K Jo

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brutus, you know better than to play scared because of what happened in the past. The cards have no memory. Take up Yoga and use the mantra "NO mini-bets ever" "No mini-bets ever".

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first thought was set and/or straight. someone might be stupid with 2 pair. top pair mediocre kicker is something you should try to learn to not fall in love with

R

Raoul_Duke

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Your mistake was calling the $1.50 on the flop. With a bettor and a raiser already in front of you KJ cannot beat many hands your opponent is likely to hold. Top pair, Mediocre kicker in a cash game isn't worth a second glance when faced with that kind of action...

zebranky

zebranky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a little more detailed...

Your mistake was calling the $1.50 on the flop. With a bettor and a raiser already in front of you KJ cannot beat many hands your opponent is likely to hold. Top pair, Mediocre kicker in a cash game isn't worth a second glance when faced with that kind of action...

That's probably the piece of info everyone else missed - you're way behind the most likely hands after the flop, it's a check-fold or a bet-fold situation.
And don't forget KJ is still one of the top 10 or so hands (disregarding the whole issue of suits, of course) PF, so don't be afraid to get a big raise in. A good raise PF (around 4-5 BB) is not unreasonable at low stakes, and you may have been able to push the QJ out of the hand before the flop. At the worst you would force the PP to raise or fold, depending on their aggression level.