ummm I would of called oo I think

shortstacked

shortstacked

Visionary
Joined
May 29, 2006
Total posts
663
Chips
0
Game # 127191514: Texas Holdem No Limit ($1/$2) 09/02/2006 20:04:19
Table "Delancy St" (real money) Seat 9 is the button

Seat 1: camelot ($43.15)
Seat 2: Schauer ($57.65)
Seat 3: EAGormaz ($252.10)
Seat 4: Gauge ($215.25)
Seat 5: BusDriver ($34)
Seat 6: Teddy41 ($65.30)
Seat 7: M_Bowers ($322.80)
Seat 8: Shortstacked ($68.55)
Seat 9: StickyBuns2 ($76) [button]
camelot: posts small blind $1
Schauer: posts big blind $2

>>> HOLE CARDS <<<
Dealt to Shortstacked [Kh Ks]
EAGormaz: calls $2
Gauge: folds
BusDriver: calls $2
Gauge: says "Gauge: ...them"
Teddy41: raises $5 to $7
M_Bowers: folds
EAGormaz: says "EAGormaz: i couldnt stop looking"
Shortstacked: raises $21 to $28
StickyBuns2: folds
camelot: folds
Schauer: folds
EAGormaz: folds
BusDriver: folds
Teddy41: raises $37.30 to $65.30 and is all-in
Shortstacked: calls $37.30

>>> FLOP <<< [Ah Ts 9s]

>>> TURN <<< [Ah Ts 9s] [4d]

>>> RIVER <<< [Ah Ts 9s 4d] [4s]
JSPAdminKarrie: says "JSPAdminKarrie: hello there, the flush rush promo
awards $100.00 for the qualifying highest straight flush or a split
percentage of the Jackpot for a royal flush, to address the question
at
the table"

>>> SHOWDOWN <<<
Teddy41: shows [Qd Qc] (two pairs, Queens and Fours)
Shortstacked: shows [Kh Ks] (two pairs, Kings and Fours)
Shortstacked: collects $134.60 from the pot
M_Bowers: says "M_Bowers: Tough."
M_Bowers: says "M_Bowers: gg nh"
Teddy41 sits out

>>> SUMMARY <<<
Total pot $137.60.
Rake $3

Board: [Ah Ts 9s 4d 4s]
Seat 1: camelot (small blind) folded before the flop
Seat 2: Schauer (big blind) folded before the flop
Seat 3: EAGormaz folded before the flop
Seat 4: Gauge folded before the flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: BusDriver folded before the flop
Seat 6: Teddy41 showed [Qd Qc] and lost with two pairs, Queens and
Fours
Seat 7: M_Bowers folded before the flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Shortstacked showed [Kh Ks] and won ($134.60) with two pairs,
Kings
and Fours
Seat 9: StickyBuns2 (button) folded before the flop (didn't bet)
 
twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Total posts
2,380
Chips
0
That is what gets me, when someone holds QQ's or even KK's facing a re-raise after the raise. People don't stop to even think that the re-raiser may have the higher pockets and call or push instantaniously.
 
ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Total posts
13,642
Chips
0
That is what gets me, when someone holds QQ's or even KK's facing a re-raise after the raise. People don't stop to even think that the re-raiser may have the higher pockets and call or push instantaniously.

Read-dependent (if SS were super-tight, then I might consider folding), I don't see how QQ can get away from this hand in an online game. He's got to push. I don't think there was anything wrong with his play.
 
shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Total posts
5,389
Chips
0
It was a good play and a nice pay.........good job shotstacked.
 
twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Total posts
2,380
Chips
0
My point is we are all guilty of calling with 10's, JJ's, QQ's against a better hand, because no matter what we think we have the best hand. Unlike real life show in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg551su1KnM where farha had plenty of time to think with his KK's. Online we automatically call no matter what. I know I am guilty but I have layed QQ's down before. Just because someone re-raises us against QQ's doesn't make it automatic that we have the best hand. One needs to think about calling before just instantaniously calling and I am sure about 90% of us are guilty for instantiouniously calling instead of slowing down and thinking about what the other player may have.
 
ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Total posts
13,642
Chips
0
My point is we are all guilty of calling with 10's, JJ's, QQ's against a better hand, because no matter what we think we have the best hand. Unlike real life show in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg551su1KnM where farha had plenty of time to think with his KK's. Online we automatically call no matter what. I know I am guilty but I have layed QQ's down before. Just because someone re-raises us against QQ's doesn't make it automatic that we have the best hand. One needs to think about calling before just instantaniously calling and I am sure about 90% of us are guilty for instantiouniously calling instead of slowing down and thinking about what the other player may have.

That's the thing; with online poker you don't see people often enough, nor do you get enough info in general from a player to actually make a laydown with QQ or even TT. The exception would be at a cash table in which a player is playing so tight that you could actually put him on AA or KK if he were to make a strong play. Aside from that, there's no way you can make a laydown with QQ IMO. More true in tournament situations, but I think it holds true with cash games. I'm instacalling an allin with QQ every time because there's nothing to think about IMO unless you're facing a very tight player.
 
T

Threesixes

Visionary
Joined
Jun 17, 2005
Total posts
631
Chips
0
Maybe he thought it would turn out like this:

4q.JPG


If the table is loose like the ones I've been finding, its an easy call.
 
F

Freakakanus

Legend
Joined
Mar 26, 2005
Total posts
3,349
Chips
0
Even with all the time in the world what did he do???? Called, even when he said he Knew what Greenstein had. So what's the controversy? Would he have folded QQ? Not by the table talk I heard......sounded like there was gonna be a showdown no matter what.
I do get your point Twizzy, there aren't a lot of people willing to fold top 10 hands in the face of reraises...they look at as an opportunity to try and double up more than that they could actually be beaten already.
 
Top