Turned the nut straight. Backdoor flush draw, slowplay?

Q

quanfer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are three players in the hand. The game is 1/2 NL, and the person behind me has raises to $15. One player in front of me calls, and I call with J/10 hearts.

The flop is Qd/9s/5h. Player 1 checks, I check, initial raiser bets all in for $30. Player 1 calls, and I call.

The turn is a Kd, which gives me the nut straight, and two diamonds on the board. Player 1 checks, with about $65 left.
Any bet here would normally result in either a raise or a fold. Do I check the turn and give him a free card, and maybe get him to bet on the river?

I ended up putting him all in on the turn, and he folded. I was trying to protect against a backdoor flush draw.

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop and flop are standard, turn slowplay would be ridiculous. Pot is huge, you want to win it right way if need be (remember that a T, J or a diamond might be bad news for you).

Put the guy AI, rake in the chips if he doesn't call.

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, pick up The Theory of Poker (or reread it), especially the Chapters Winning the Big Pots Right Away and Slowplaying. Even thinking about slowplaying the turn shows a lack of understanding of the fundamentals of poker.

Full Flush Poker