Strange Trip Aces!!

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So heres what happened,
I was playin 0.25/0.50 Fixed Limit Holdem.
I had been at the table on pacific poker for about 45 mins and had played Tight/Agrressive. My opponent was the bluffer of the table and was likely to play 63o tha same as AQs.
I am in 6th position, everyone folds to me and I raise to 0.50 with my pocket Aces, everyone else folds to the big blind who calls, making the pot 1.10 with the small blind of 0.10 small blind.
The flop is 4KA rainbow.
My opponent bets.
I call, with the intention of raising the turn and efeectively twice as much money into the pot.
The Turn is a 6 and leaves us with no possible flush draws.
He bets, I raise, He 3 bets i cap it, he calls. I am now trying to figure out what he has, whether it is a hand such as AK, AQ, two pair or Kx, or maybe a straigt draw althoug i feel that this is very unlikely. I can not see any reason for him to bet and reraise the turn without a huge hand.
The river is a 9.
He bets, I raise (because i cannot see how this could have helped him), He re raises, I cap and he calls.
He flips over pocket Kings an i take down a big pot.

What i was wondering was the call on the flop after i flopped a se the right move or shoul i have been raising?

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What i was wondering was the call on the flop after i flopped a se the right move or shoul i have been raising?
I'm not sure the check behind him cost you much, if you'd capped on flop and the turn, he'd have to start wondering whether you have got AA, and maybe he'd have just called the river. If there were no real likely draws, i dont see why you cant feign a bit of weakness and check behind him here, and hope he thinks you've caught on the turn. In reality though, this hand played itself (he must have been choked when he saw what you had).

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you knew he had a set of kings, then the action could have been capped on every street. But you, obviously, couldn't know that. I think you played this very well if you knew there was a good chance that he was going to bet on 4th steet based on your read on opponent. With an A on the board (and not knowing he had KKK), there is a really good chance he doesn't have an A so a flop raise could make him fold therefore costing you money in this hand. A free card here shouldn't be too dangerous for you so I think this was very well played. Good job.