Small stakes playing style

S

stuventus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So in talking smallest of the small stakes, 2c/4c. Am working on building up a reasonable bankroll from pretty mutch scratch ($50). I used to play 50c/$1 with a fair bankroll and eventually withdrew it due to personal finances off the table. Im back into my poker and want to start small to get a sense of achievement. So ive been playing text book (ish) TAG, at, dont laugh $4nl.

I was constantly being called down after raising with AKs KQS AA TT etc etc, and probably taking about about $5 or $6 of every $10 that goes in - not great.

Cue, change of attack. Any premium hand JJ,QQ,KK,AA (early pos)
add AKs AK in late pos, i simply go all in on my turn. I get fewer callers 2 at most, and also overlapping hands, ie one calls with A4 one calls with A8.
Result - much better return about $7 or $8 of every $10 that goes in,

With other playable hands, suited cons and small pairs. if i make sets or better i will play hyper aggressive usually all in and let them chase. (not flushes below K high) as theyre often incapable of laying TPTK, so i might as well bet when they still have the highest pair on the board.

With this i am doing far better than standard concept TAG, what are your opinions and experience doing this?

I understand for skill and development its pretty poor, but for increasing bankroll, its working well. Sample perhaps is 1,500 hands

Just hand 2 hands, on tables next to each other while multitabling. Pocket jacks. 10seater, i go all in. One Caller who has T7 suited, i take down a $7 pot.

Right at the same time, im big blind 97. Two callers, Flop 8TJ 2 suit spades. I lick my lips. One player bets 32c (a fair old bet at $4nl) next to act folds. I think about it for a bit (Sammi Farha style) then click all in. He calls in a split second and shows pocket aces. A ten hits the turn to scare me, but he doesnt fill up and i take another $7 pot.

And the guy offers a few choice swear words about what the hell i was doing playing with 97. I was going to say it was either check or fold, and i didnt see any value in folding. But i resisted. And just pushed him a little further on tilt with some select "ahahas" and "lols"

I mean, its one pair, one sodding pair. thats all. anyway. Just thought i would add a little commentry.

All comments welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
ActAsIf

ActAsIf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know that what you're doing is not considered a playable style after a certain buy-in limit. It just won't get weak calls any more. But it works on a regular basis at the current limit you're playing for.

You know that you're making more money playing this style at this limit because your opponents will play with you.

Do you feel guilty playing this way because you feel it's not "sporting"? Probably not.

Are you happy you found a way to increase your average earnings per pot? Probably yes.

Dude, WHAT'S THE PROBLEM? Go hard, then go home and lol.