Questionable play of the night...

zebranky

zebranky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best one from last night – but I think I got the river bet wrong – let me know what you think.

9 player game, $1/$2 NLHE. MP is short stack $20, I’m one from the button with $180, button is big with $240. I’ve got a loose image for once – although I’ve been winning most of the hands people call me down on, and my one all-in tonight was when I turned a KKQQQ boat. Button is a respectable TAG who’s been steadily adding chips to his stack.

1st 2 fold, MP raises to $6, folds around to me, I looks down at [Ad][10d], and raise to $18. Button calls, MP goes all in. I call, button calls.
Pot just over of $60 (20 each, plus blinds, minus $2.50 rake)

Flop [Ah][As][Kc]. Trip Aces, rainbow board ! I want him to bet (please have a K), so I check. Bastard on the button checks too.

Turn [Qc]. I’m not happy with the flush and straight draws now. I bet out $40 to try and price him out. Nutbuster flat calls.

$140 in the pot.

River – thank you! [Ac] river Quads. I’m certain he can’t have the exact two cards needed to beat me, so I’m sure I have the best hand. I think, put on a show, stare at him for a little while, stare at the pot a while, and push all in for $120.

Looking back I think I got that part wrong – should I have value bet a little lower, rather than jamming the pot? He’s got to read me as either having the A, a K or bluffing. Any thoughts?