QTs w/ redraws in LHE

S

shagnscoob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just wrote all this in the middle of my Session Analysis #2 and figured I'd post it because I'm not sure how many direct replies I'll get when it's smashed in between 80 other hands in a single post :D

Skyywalker78: posts small blind $0.02
jewell56: posts big blind $0.05
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to sh4gnscoob [Qd Td]
sjc363000: calls $0.05
HuxleySWG: folds
sh4gnscoob: calls $0.05
mj2980: calls $0.05
ProfPlum12: folds
flatleever: folds
mek44: calls $0.05
Skyywalker78: folds
jewell56: checks
*** FLOP *** [9d Th 5c]
jewell56: checks
sjc363000: bets $0.05
sh4gnscoob: raises $0.05 to $0.10
mj2980: calls $0.10
mek44: calls $0.10
jewell56: folds
sjc363000: calls $0.05
*** TURN *** [9d Th 5c] [Kd]
sjc363000: checks
sh4gnscoob: bets $0.10
mj2980: calls $0.02 and is all-in
mek44: raises $0.10 to $0.20
sjc363000: folds
sh4gnscoob: calls $0.10
*** RIVER *** [9d Th 5c Kd] [Ah]
sh4gnscoob: checks
mek44: bets $0.10
sh4gnscoob: calls $0.10
*** SHOW DOWN ***

QTs early position seems like a call to me, I feel like this is a hand that would benefit from multiway action, being suited, somewhat connected, but dominated. With top pair good kicker and with 3 overcards to beat my pair, this seems like a strong raise to knock out anyone drawing at overcards with a missed flop, not to mention my backdoor flush. However with a 9T on the board, it seems like anyone with a decent Q J or K is sticking around to see the turn, and anyone with an Ace probably will stick around too to see their top pair. At least that seems likely at these limits, it IS a little surprising to see 2 people cold call the raise, but the pot is getting big at that point for anyone with connectors up there. All in all, I'm not sure if the flop raise was decent or not, because on one hand I could use some protection from anyone with overcards, but on the other this is low-limit and my hand could easily be outdrawn at this point. I'm leaning towards raising being a small mistake.

The Kd put 4 to my straight up AND 4 to my flush which I bet. That raise seems to indicate I'm looking at someone pairing or double pairing their king, completed straight or even another flush draw (seems VERY unlikely for cold calling on the flop with only one diamond), and I'm now HU with the other villain all in. So I'm drawing at 4 J's to finish my straight (which maybe only count as 2 because villain may have tied me/have jacks), 3 queens to two pair (which may only count as 1.5 outs if he double paired his king or hit his straight) and the 8 remaining diamonds which would all give me 2nd nut flush (unless the Ad fell, then I've got the nuts), oh and the 2 T's left which would give me trips. So about 13.5ish outs making me a 2.4 to 1 underdog.

If I'm a 2.4 to 1 dog against 1 (I knew that the other villain could only put in another .02, so I can't count him as a complete opponent), does that mean the bet on the turn was wrong and I should have checked it? That seems like I now have -EV putting money in the pot, even though I'm drawing to a huge hand. So I'm not sure about the turn play, perhaps a check/call would have been better. As played I should still call the raise I think, but check/fold the river.