River:
* * 7♣
* * Hero: checks
* * CO bets [$5]
* * Hero calls [$5]
Results:

The results have been hidden.

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

I have really been working hard on my hand reading over the past few days. These are the kind of hands that puzzle me. Not because of the result, which may or may not have gone my way.
On the turn, I really didn't know what do. Which is quite scary I guess.

I will talk through my thinking on each street.

Reads.

CO. 66 hands played. Won one big pot, which he won with a semi bluff, moving all in on the turn with AJ Suited, with a flush draw, on a paired board. The other guy who left after losing had QQ.

VP 35 PFR 20 Limped 17% of hands, but strangely enough not many from the CO, and none from the button. fold to a Cbet 43%.

My gut feelings were he was a bit loose passive. 0.8 flop aggression. 0.7 turn. I had also seen him limp call quite a few times, but never showed down any hands.

MP. One of those crazy maniacs. 48 VP 4.0 aggression.

Pre flop

2 Limpers, and it comes to me in the SB. My standard play is to raise 4x bb + 1 for each Limper. Looking back I possibly should have made it a little more ? Although obviously I don't mind a call, maybe 1 caller is better than 2.

Flop.

Me to act. Looking at the flop, My first thoughts, a flush draw, and some straight draws. J 10 is certainly in a limp callers range, and 66, and possibly 10 10.

I decide to bet, the bet as I would think I am ahead of there ranges, and with draws on the board, I need to protect my hand. I think I would get calls of KJ, QJ, A10 K 10, which are all hands which are all hands Limpers seem to turn up with. I also expect to get looked up with any draws against at least MP. $1.60 In to $1.90. to small ?

The Turn

Now this is where i panic in hands, I got lost, and took every second of my allowed time, and time bank thinking about it. It's a pretty blank card, but I just worry I am behind when I get flatted. I know this is a problem in my game. I decide to bet for the same reasons as the flop. Looking back it was a weakish bet, we were both pretty deep stacked going in to the hand, and still deep after the betting on the flop. I don't like a Check call here, because of the draws, this is where I get in a muddle, deciding some medium between charging draws, and betting in to someone with a better hand. I did think that surely a 2 pair hand would have re raised the flop. So I start thinking it's a set , or I am still ahead.

River.

Completely bottled it here, any bet worth it's while commits me to the pot if I am re raised. 89 just made it's draw, but other than that, No difference really. These are my thoughts as I thought them at the time by the way. So I decide to check and evaluate.

Villain bets $5 less than half the pot. Seems like a very clever value bet, or a complete donk bet. call or fold ? I am assuming a re raise is out of the question ?

Please feel free to pull me to pieces. That's why I posted the hand to get feed back. Your input is much appreciated.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your turn bet is a little weak but otherwise played very well.

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villains range here is mostly draws so I bet atleast $4 on the turn. I also love ch/calling the river since every possible draw missed (except 89) so you are allowing him the chance to bluff the river with a missed draw. Other than betting slightly larger on the turn, extremely well played imo.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stacks:
* MP with $7.95
* CO with $18.05
* BTN with $10.40
* SB with $17.70
* BB with $11.95
* UTG with $12.60

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds: $0.00/$0.00
Site: Pokerstars
* * Dealt to SB:Q♦ Q♣
* * Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
* * 1 players fold.
* * MP calls [$0.10]
* * CO calls [$0.10]
* * 1 players fold.
* * Hero raises $0.50 to $0.60
* * 1 players fold.
* * MP calls [$0.50]
* * CO calls [$0.50]
* * Total folds this street: 3
* * Potsize: $1.9
Flop:
* * 10♦ 6♦ J♥
* * Hero bets [$1.60]
* * 1 players fold.
* * CO calls [$1.60]
* * Total folds this street: 1
* * Potsize: $5.1
Turn:
* * 2♣
* * Hero bets [$3.20]
* * CO calls [$3.20]
* * Potsize: $11.5
River:
* * 7♣
* * Hero: checks
* * CO bets [$5]
* * Hero calls [$5]
Results:

The results have been hidden.

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

I have really been working hard on my hand reading over the past few days. These are the kind of hands that puzzle me. Not because of the result, which may or may not have gone my way.
On the turn, I really didn't know what do. Which is quite scary I guess.

I will talk through my thinking on each street.

Reads.

CO. 66 hands played. Won one big pot, which he won with a semi bluff, moving all in on the turn with AJ Suited, with a flush draw, on a paired board. The other guy who left after losing had QQ.

VP 35 PFR 20 Limped 17% of hands, but strangely enough not many from the CO, and none from the button. fold to a Cbet 43%.

My gut feelings were he was a bit loose passive. 0.8 flop aggression. 0.7 turn. I had also seen him limp call quite a few times, but never showed down any hands.

MP. One of those crazy maniacs. 48 VP 4.0 aggression.

Pre flop

2 Limpers, and it comes to me in the SB. My standard play is to raise 4x bb + 1 for each Limper. Looking back I possibly should have made it a little more ? Although obviously I don't mind a call, maybe 1 caller is better than 2.

Flop.

Me to act. Looking at the flop, My first thoughts, a flush draw, and some straight draws. J 10 is certainly in a limp callers range, and 66, and possibly 10 10.

I decide to bet, the bet as I would think I am ahead of there ranges, and with draws on the board, I need to protect my hand. I think I would get calls of KJ, QJ, A10 K 10, which are all hands which are all hands Limpers seem to turn up with. I also expect to get looked up with any draws against at least MP. $1.60 In to $1.90. to small ?

The Turn

Now this is where i panic in hands, I got lost, and took every second of my allowed time, and time bank thinking about it. It's a pretty blank card, but I just worry I am behind when I get flatted. I know this is a problem in my game. I decide to bet for the same reasons as the flop. Looking back it was a weakish bet, we were both pretty deep stacked going in to the hand, and still deep after the betting on the flop. I don't like a Check call here, because of the draws, this is where I get in a muddle, deciding some medium between charging draws, and betting in to someone with a better hand. I did think that surely a 2 pair hand would have re raised the flop. So I start thinking it's a set , or I am still ahead.

River.

Completely bottled it here, any bet worth it's while commits me to the pot if I am re raised. 89 just made it's draw, but other than that, No difference really. These are my thoughts as I thought them at the time by the way. So I decide to check and evaluate.

Villain bets $5 less than half the pot. Seems like a very clever value bet, or a complete donk bet. call or fold ? I am assuming a re raise is out of the question ?

Please feel free to pull me to pieces. That's why I posted the hand to get feed back. Your input is much appreciated.

Hello,

I honestly thought you played it well on every street. He never raises and your bet sizing is reasonable. I also like the check call on the river to allow opponent the opportunity to bluff missed draws or middling pairs. Well played

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I agree. River sizing looks like it is value, sure, but you beat a good deal of his value hands- or, at least enough to warrant a call.

Others mentioned the turn sizing... I think I'd make that mistake, too, since it is a scary board. But sizing up should be warranted.