Pocket 10's on the Button

B

butiwass00ted

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok here is a senerio you see if you can help me out
Playing live last night and I got pocket 10's on the button in a pot where 4 limps before me I limped as well, flop 367 rainbow it checked all around to me I bet 25 the pot is 30 and I get 2 calls, The turn is a 2 , again its checked to me , I bet 55 the BB reraises me all in ????? I say WT* and the other guy folds. I think about it and mind you I have no read on him but assume hes a donkey, I talk to him and ask him what he has he dummies up after about 2 minutes I decide hes on a draw or top pair so my over pair is good. Well I call 300 there and river 10 so I have a set I should be good right? He turns over 5/6 os for the nut Ugggggggggg
I lost almost 4hundo there and I think I could of gotten away from this but I had to call cause I didnt think he was strong with that stupid over bet well I was wrong :mad:

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And the moral of the story is to never ever limp on the button with a hand as strong as TT. Anyways your story makes no sense as 56o (45?) only has a pair + GS there so...

Not to mention that stacking off with a small overpair (especially when you had invested so little) on a coordinated flop like that in a 6-7 way limped pot is beyond terrible. If you want to play your hand as an overpair after the flop (ie. anything but for set value) you absolutely must raise this way up preflop.

Pretty much an absolute trainwreck from start to finish.

B

butiwass00ted

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
4/5

I meant 4/5 and I think I played it as bad as you can but mabey me posting this will help others not to make the same mistake I did.