PLO lessons 5: The Wrap draw

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normally you don't go nuts with a draw in NLHE unless it's an OESFD (open-ended straight flush draw) in which case you're a slight favorite. In PLO though, having a huge wrap like the one below makes you about a 60% favorite on a rainbow board with 2 cards to come. In this case, any 5,6,8, or Q gives me the nuts. 14 outs twice is very nice. Additionally, any J or 10 gives me the 2nd nuts. 20 outs is even better. Based on the betting I really don't care whether the villain has a set or 2 pair, because I know I'm the favorite and as I've stated before, getting it all-in as a favorite (in this case over 60% to win) is a must in a cash game. In fact, I'm glad that villain has a big hand because that makes it easier to get all the money in the middle.

pokerstars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.05 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)
BB ($16.62)
UTG ($5.48)
MP ($6.29)
Hero ($11.11)
SB ($5.95)
Preflop: Hero is Button with J
diamond.gif
, 8
heart.gif
, T
diamond.gif
, 6
spade.gif
1 fold, MP raises to $0.17, Hero calls $0.17, 2 folds.
Flop: ($0.41) 7
diamond.gif
, K
club.gif
, 9
spade.gif
(2 players)
MP bets $0.41, Hero raises to $0.82, MP raises to $2.87, Hero raises to $9.02, MP calls $3.25 (All-In).
Turn: ($12.65) 4
club.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)
River: ($12.65) J
spade.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)
Final Pot: $12.65

Nikitalor: shows [7c Ac 9c Ad] (two pair, Nines and Sevens)
BabyHumvee: shows [Jd 8h Td 6s] (a straight, Seven to Jack)
BabyHumvee collected $12.05 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $12.65 | Rake $0.60
Board [7d Kc 9s 4c Js]
Seat 1: Raiderclone (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: Outlaw2431 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: Nikitalor showed [7c Ac 9c Ad] and lost with two pair, Nines and Sevens
Seat 5: BabyHumvee (button) showed [Jd 8h Td 6s] and won ($12.05) with a straight, Seven to Jack

Attachments

• PLO Wrap draw.JPG
    PLO Wrap draw.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 15
Schatzdog

Schatzdog

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nice indeed. Just a pitty villain didn't have more money. That second club wasn't good for you but as you said, getting it all-in with the best of it at the time is what it's about.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, one problem with these limits is a lot of people play short stacked or with their entire BR. Generally I select tables with bigger stacks or higher average stacks, but sometimes there's not much better selection.