Omaha hi-lo split...

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://cakepoker.com//HandHistory/?Hand=xcLHxsTFxsHEx8TExMLAx4jCzMLAzME=

I more than doubled up, but I'm baffled by my opponent's aggression with their starting hands. Please someone give me some insight.

I just think my hand had a lot more possibilities. From a pre-flop standpoint, I pretty much have a lock on lo. I also had straight and A high flush draws.

They had played passively earlier, and with much better hands. I folded more, and waited for a good hand. I just don't get it. I wouldn't have min-raised but normally a min-raise either pumps the table with loose callers or makes the really good players fold crap.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, who knows what your super loose opponents were thinking...

You can use this odds calculator to help you get familiar with your equity. Generally, your edge preflop in Omaha 8 isn't all that huge, but when your opponents are this bad, I don't mind the play, since you owned 42% of the equity in a 4 way pot. Players at this level will stack off with worse oh-so-often. However, once you move up, I wouldn't make a habit out of trying to cram your stack in preflop without the most premium of hands. You want flops to be multi-way in this game, since you're often only winning half. At least that's the little bit of understanding I've gotten from playing limit.

Attachments

• Scoop.JPG
    Scoop.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TY so much for the calculator. I hate putting all my chips in pre-flop regardless of the game, except in the early stages of an R&A, I don't mind it so much there. I just couldn't for the life of me fathom what was going on in their heads. Oh and the guy who initiated the pushing, had the absolute worst of it. I just don't get it. Coop's play I wouldn't have hated if his 9 had been an A through 3 of diamonds. I mean I love the winning, but the play is gag-worthy, for a push.