nl$100 FR, bet this set on the river.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok I was playing 18/8 or something, villian was playing with similar stats, so AK is definately in his range here. I didnt want to 3-bet preflop mainly because the last few time i 3-bet medium pairs i got 4 bet, i wanted to see a flop. Considering his position then we can also lump in the occasional Q10s here as well for the big combo draw.

Anyway I initially figured that this was standard, but surely after thinking about it checking the river is optimal. A good TAG never calls with AK/KQ here, and in general only the hands that got there call. What about if we check though, does this induce a value bet from the AK/KQ type hands, and perhaps even a missed flush draw will have a stab.

Dunno really, opnions ?

pokerstars Game #16703302397: Hold'em No Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2008/04/13 - 15:13:41 (ET)
Table 'Lina V' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: rick0806 ($88.55 in chips)
Seat 2: EtOi ($193.65 in chips)
Seat 3: likaplayer ($101 in chips)
Seat 4: Affenkaiser ($111.75 in chips)
Seat 5: tenbob ($138.10 in chips)
Seat 6: pulgask8 ($45.30 in chips)
Seat 7: MarineTS ($17 in chips)
Seat 8: lala-golom ($61.80 in chips)
Seat 9: FirePup ($91.70 in chips)
Affenkaiser: posts small blind $0.50
tenbob: posts big blind $1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to tenbob [9d 9h]
pulgask8: folds
MarineTS: folds
lala-golom: folds
FirePup: folds
rick0806: folds
EtOi: folds
likaplayer: raises $3 to $4
Affenkaiser: folds
tenbob: calls $3
*** FLOP *** [2d Kd 9s]
tenbob: checks
likaplayer: bets $6
tenbob: calls $6
*** TURN *** [2d Kd 9s] [Th]
tenbob: checks
likaplayer: bets $14
tenbob: raises $29 to $43
likaplayer: calls $29
*** RIVER *** [2d Kd 9s Th] [8c]
tenbob: bets $51

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the same AK/KQ that aren't gonna call this river are probably folding on the turn. the fact that he called your extremely strong turn line means he's likely calling again unless he missed a draw, as the 8 changed pretty much nothing. and your turn line looks so strong, he might not be taking a shot with busted draws that often anyway, or value betting that light. + a lot of players check behind the diamond draw on the turn. so betting is pretty standard imo

i don't like your c/c on flop at all, and it screwed up the rest of the hand. firstly it's drawy and secondly you end up having to do this on the turn to get any money in and you totally give away the strength of your hand