One more time... AQ

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
UTG is aggressive pre-flop, raising over 20% of the time. He's also quite loose, VP$IP just over 30%.

PokerRoom No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (i.e. $1 big blind) (10 handed)

UTG ($55.40)
UTG+1 ($155.50)
UTG+2 ($72.00)
MP1 ($52.50)
MP2 ($109.60)
Hero ($40.50)
CO ($87.00)
Button ($10.50)
SB ($99.00)
BB ($88.10)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A
spade.gif
, Q
spade.gif
UTG raises to $5, 4 folds, Hero calls $5, 4 folds. <- is this a calling hand to a 5x raise UTG?

Flop: ($11.50) 2
spade.gif
, Q
diamond.gif
, J
spade.gif
(2 players)
UTG bets $5, Hero ......?

Fold, call or raise (if raise, by how much)?

Tammy

Tammy

Awards
Well, you say that UTG is loose/aggressive, so I think you made the right call pre-flop.

Post-flop, I would say raise to the size of the pot. You've hit on the flop, but with 2 spades you don't want him to catch a flush. Make him pay for it.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
I'm guessing he has a queen but a lower kicker like a 10 or 9. I would just raise at least $10 more. If he calls you, that's fine. You have the nut flush draw and a outside chance straight draw. You have at least 15 outs if he has your top pair with highest kicker beat. That means you are at least 60% favorite to win IF you're behind.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
juiceeQ said:
Post-flop, I would say raise to the size of the pot. You've hit on the flop, but with 2 spades you don't want him to catch a flush. Make him pay for it.

Actually, it would be great if his opponent does hit the flush because Bombjack would have the nut flush.

Tammy

Tammy

Awards
Uh, derrr...reading over Tim's post, I realize I didn't thoroughly read the HH to see you have the nut flush draw. So nevermind what I said about him catching the spade flush--oopsie! :eek:

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Pot's at 16.50, I'd raise it to about $15, or 3X his bet.
If he comes over the top of you (this is a big action flop), then you still have plenty of outs. Flush draw, overcard, another queen...so long as he doesn't have a set, AA or 2 pair, you're the favourite here.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Raise somewhere around $15, call a push.

Lead on any turn if he calls and checks to you.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
You have to bet that TPTK with a nut flush possibility.. Granted villian may have 2 pair or a set, you have to many outs at this point in time to not back away.. BET

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
UTG ($55.40)
UTG+1 ($155.50)
UTG+2 ($72.00)
MP1 ($52.50)
MP2 ($109.60)
Hero ($40.50)
CO ($87.00)
Button ($10.50)
SB ($99.00)
BB ($88.10)

pick a new table

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
What's his AF? what hands would he raise with utg? probably any King/paint Ace/paint. He might have K10s and be block betting his draw. Or trying to milk you with AA/KK/QQ/JJ/22 (if he raises a lot he might be raising any pp). Could be cont betting AK. Raise to 15-20 and that should tell you where you are.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
joosebuck - His aggresession factor is 2.67. Including an AF of infinity on the flop. Mine's 3.15. I don't know what these figures mean.

I only bought in for $50, max being $100, which is why I was a bit short on chips. Came out with $80 though, so table selection wasn't much of a problem.

S

Styrofoam

Visionary
he has either KQ, QJ, or a flush draw. You raise this flop, and hope for a spade.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
ChuckTs said:
^^^I've heard it several times, but whats a block bet?

Essentially making a small bet in the hope that by doing so the player avoids having to call a larger bet.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
There's $11.50 in the pot and I have $30.50 left. I need 30.5/(11.5+30.5*2) = 42% equity to call all-in.

His possible hands and my equity are:
AA - 43%
KK - 51%
QQ - 29%
JJ - 31%
TT - 93%
AK - 84%
AQ - 68%
AJ - 93%
KQ - 91%
QJ - 45%

So it's only a fold versus QQ or JJ. Unlikely he has QQ as I have one an there's one on the board. JJ also less likely than AA or KK.

Only not a raise against the above plus AA, QJ.

I'd give him more credit for a big hand as his raise is UTG, but I think a raise was right.

Of course it's a bit tricky to do these sums on the fly.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Here are the results, for the results-oriented among you...:

PokerRoom No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (10 handed)

UTG ($55.40)
UTG+1 ($155.50)
UTG+2 ($72.00)
MP1 ($52.50)
MP2 ($109.60)
Hero ($40.50)
CO ($87.00)
Button ($10.50)
SB ($99.00)
BB ($88.10)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A
spade.gif
, Q
spade.gif
UTG raises to $5, 4 folds, Hero calls $5, 4 folds.

Flop: ($11.50) 2
spade.gif
, Q
diamond.gif
, J
spade.gif
(2 players)
UTG bets $5, Hero raises to $20, UTG raises to $40, Hero calls $15.50 (All-In).

Turn: ($87) A
club.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($87) 5
diamond.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

SHOWDOWN
UTG shows [ KH,KD ]
Hero shows [ AS,QS ]
UTG wins $4.50, Hero wins $80.50.

Toadly

Toadly

I play outside the box and think a bit diffent than most poker players

Heres what would be running thru my mind in that situation.

I am up against a player and I KNOW how he plays. Aggresive with crap and capable of pushing back hard. He has a very good chance of being a successfull bully at any table he plays..EXCEPT any table he plays that I am at. I will make him pay big to push me around.

In this hand I would have bet 150-200% the pot. I have top pair and the nut draw with two cards to go. And he just got punched in the nose with a extreme raise. He IS NOT going to push me around NO WAY

If he folds I win cash and his fear

If he calls and I catch the winning hand he looks like an idiot and respects me

Of he calls and beats me for a big stack. I have set him up to call me for even a bigger stack. He think he has put one over on me and now has false power over me..Bullshit. He paid big to be a underdog. That is a losing longrun march. HE is "set up" and will pay me back, Plus more

In all cases above I have him and he is dead. I love playing against these players...I have them damn near everytime. I have won more cash from these player than any other.