meadie69: calls $0.04
Accentrix: calls $0.04
Xuvisco: raises $0.04 to $0.08
Lucky13KoJak: raises $0.04 to $0.12
meadie69: calls $0.08
Accentrix: folds
Xuvisco: calls $0.03 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Lucky13KoJak: shows [Qs Qh] (a pair of Queens)
meadie69: shows [Qc Qd] (a pair of Queens)
Lucky13KoJak collected $0.01 from side pot
meadie69 collected $0.01 from side pot
Xuvisco: mucks hand
Xuvisco is sitting out
Lucky13KoJak collected $0.50 from main pot
meadie69 collected $0.49 from main pot
Xuvisco leaves the table
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $1.05 Main pot $0.99. Side pot $0.02. | Rake $0.04
Board [4h 5c 2h 8c 9h]
Seat 1: schtopa folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: meadie69 showed [Qc Qd] and won ($0.50) with a pair of Queens
Seat 4: mikedania (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Accentrix (small blind) folded on the River
Seat 6: Xuvisco (big blind) mucked [As 9c]
Seat 7: Appelmoe5 folded before Flop
Seat 9: RJBsharp folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 10: Lucky13KoJak showed [Qs Qh] and won ($0.51) with a pair of Queens

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry to say but this hand is played all wrong. 1st off you need to bet more pre-flop. You had 2 min raises in front of you making the pot $.14 before it gets to you so bet $.20. Most likely one of these 2 QQ hands may have tried to re-raise that and then you could have gotten it all in preflop. Since the starting stacks weren't posted it's tough to comment further. Don't slow play big hands preflop!!!

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm pretty sure it's limit (if it's not it's the worst played hand in history). Why didn't you reraise on the flop and the turn? I would have had to at least call on the river.

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to say but this hand is played all wrong. 1st off you need to bet more pre-flop. You had 2 min raises in front of you making the pot $.14 before it gets to you so bet $.20. Most likely one of these 2 QQ hands may have tried to re-raise that and then you could have gotten it all in preflop. Since the starting stacks weren't posted it's tough to comment further. Don't slow play big hands preflop!!!

It's limit?

Nah I'm not folding this. You are getting like 12 to 1 on your money at this point, and the guy to act after you only had 0.03 left so you wouldn't be faced with more betting if you called. You'd only have to win a small percentage of the time to make the call profitable.

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Accentrix: raises $0.02 to $0.08
Betting is capped

Limit! Still, raise flop, bet turn, call river.

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At this limit, I don;t think you should ever fold AA - ok, I know there are some boards that you would - but it would be rare - the level of play is so unpredictable - I wouldn't keep raising the pot, but calling it down is good.
It does bode well for you future against stiffer competition though as I know of very few players that would ever lay AA down, even when it looks like they are beat.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry I completely missed that it was a limit game. I would have kept on raising the whole way.

V

viking999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably not folding because of the preflop action. I expect straights, two pair, and even sets are rare here. Only really worried about AhKh or something similar. In a REAL limit game, then yeah, you're not going to get a 3-bet on the river where AA is good, but this is micro. I also agree that raising the whole way is called for. That flop is not scary (and we have a straight draw), and the 8 only makes one hand.

S

soonerdel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u playing for the win.. on the flop you have to re-raise after you were raised.. and the turn get all you can in while you can.. u cant fold every time a board looks scary..

N

Neongreen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,
Thanks for the help, yeah - it was limit.

I'm a big newbie at this and looking to improve my game, I later regretted it and wanted to make sure I wasn't regretting it for the wrong reasons.

I had my KK's cracked three times as well as lost twice with AA in the same day, so was very weary of boards like that. Tilt, I guess.

Probably not folding because of the preflop action. I expect straights, two pair, and even sets are rare here. Only really worried about AhKh or something similar. In a REAL limit game, then yeah, you're not going to get a 3-bet on the river where AA is good, but this is micro. I also agree that raising the whole way is called for. That flop is not scary (and we have a straight draw), and the 8 only makes one hand.

I didn't even see the straight draw! Also, by preflop betting, do you mean everyone was betting hard, thusly they had more chances of having high/made hands(ie, a pair)? This is an interesting way of looking at it that I've never thought of before.

Last edited: