KK 3bet preflop, getting action on ragged board. Deepstacked

the clêaner

the clêaner

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
villain is 32/14/4, kind of ugly stats, but he was playing decent postflop IMO, haven`t seen him playing a huge pot without the goods. I was playing 16/10/5 (what a nit).

I know my flop bet sucked big time. Should have made it like 12$. My thinking was that he would rather check behind on turn for pot control then commiting his stack with that 30$ bet, considering we where 240bb deep on the beginning. Comments appreciated.

the clêaner

poker stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $122.00
BB: $37.70
UTG: $30.00
CO: $116.45
BTN: $131.20

Preflop: Hero is dealt K:spade: K:heart: (5 Players)
UTG checks, CO raises to $2.00, BTN folds, Hero raises to $8.00, 2 folds, CO calls $6.00

Flop: ($17) 6:heart: 3:club: 9:spade: (2 Players)
Hero bets $10.00, CO raises to $30.00, Hero calls $20.00

Turn: ($77) 5:diamond: (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO bets $30.00, Hero folds

Pot Size: $107.00 ($2 Rake)

winneronline

winneronline

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah man, what were you afraid of?? He could easily have had even T9s....
You totally misplayed the hand in my opinion. Shove on the flop and wait for the result.

the clêaner

the clêaner

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies. you guys realized it`s 240bb deep right ?

TheJace

TheJace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd call and if he turned over a set I'd show him my two sixes as Wild Bill Hickok would say.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the clêaner;600600 said:
Thanks for the replies. you guys realized it`s 240bb deep right ?
You realize he just bet $30 (into a $77 pot) into a non-scary board that you should have been leading at? If you're folding here when you're getting over 3.5 to 1 on a call right now, then you should have folded to his flop raise. Just because you both have deep stacks doesn't mean you can't play for them. If that's your only defense, it sounds like scared money talking.

the clêaner

the clêaner

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Considering villain is not a donk and reasonably good playing postflop. What range is he putting me on after I call his flop range ? probably 99,TT,JJ,KK,AA if he is holding QQ and since he`s in position, wouldn`t he be better of checking behind on turn for pot control with hands like TT-QQ ? Why bet 30$ and commiting himself ? I`m still confused here ?

TheJace

TheJace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you check/called on the flop and then checked on the turn he might've put you on something like AK since you were playing the hand weak. Which in my mind would've been a perfect trap on this hand. He prolly bet the on the turn thinking you were weak, plus he had fold equity. I'd only be worried about aces really and if thats what he had then oh well thats just the way it goes sometimes. You were overthinking this one if nothing else. He could easily be holding 10s Jacks or Queens. He might even have an AK himself. Seems like an easy raise on the turn.

the clêaner

the clêaner

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, thanks for the replies.