JJ Utg facing a push on the river

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've got 43/4 on the villain over 110 hands.

poker stars, $0.02/$0.05 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

MP2: $9.56 (191.2 bb)
MP3: $13.03 (260.6 bb)
CO: $5.28 (105.6 bb)
BTN: $2.88 (57.6 bb)
SB: $5.16 (103.2 bb)
BB: $1.72 (34.4 bb)
Hero (UTG): $4.83 (96.6 bb)
UTG+1: $2 (40 bb)
MP1: $5.54 (110.8 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is UTG with J
club.gif
J
heart.gif

UTG+1 posts BB out of position, Hero calls $0.05, UTG+1 checks, 3 folds, CO calls $0.05, BTN raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.15, UTG+1 folds, CO calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.72) 3
heart.gif
diamond.gif
diamond.gif
(3 players)
Hero bets $0.50, CO raises to $1, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($2.72) 2
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $2, CO raises to $4.08 and is all-in Hero calls.....

Bit of a car-crash hand for me here, I think i made multiple mistakes in this hand, the first one being not raising under the gun?? should i have raised though when it came back around to me after the button raise? I'm thinking yes because ideally i want to play this against 1 person oop, and not the possible 3.

I then go and donkbet the drawy flop but i didnt wanna risk giving a free card to any draw, the min-raise threw me but i've seen it happen with people trying to semi-bluff a draw so i thought he might have a suited ace, maybe 2 over cards..... i'm gettin 4-1 on my call so i'm sticking around anyways.

I think my biggest mistake is betting the $2 on the turn, reviewing the hand am i right to say that i'm now pot commited when he comes over the top?? ive got 1.63 left and the pots now $6ish so it would have been a bad fold had i folded?? I think the villain could easily be playing something like A9,A-x suited, but saying that i couldnt have ruled A5 or a set out of his range either.

This whole session was a really bad one for me in that i was getting a lot of big hands UTG and none in position, which suck, I hate playing jacks and I knew when he pushed that i'd screwed the hand up but what are your thoughts on this??

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, this hand is a wreck. Raise preflop, or at least limp/3-bet. Just shove over the other guy's flop raise.

My standard line here would be to raise preflop, bet/shove the flop.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to raise this preflop, especially with the dead money from the OOP poster. If you do limp preflop you have to 3bet after the button raises. I'd rather fold than call with JJ there.

As played, just get it in on the flop. You're not folding on the turn so don't give him a chance to make a hero fold with A9 or something.