zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It looks like the downswing is from 2 sources:

1. you're getting short term negative variance, aka you're getting unlucky

2. You've let this get to your head and are playing scared in general always assuming someone's going to suck out on you. I know this really doesn't help but you have to find a way not to be results oriented. A little time off may help, but I'd suggest still reading the forums, maybe re-read a book (I'd do Harrington's) just to re-solidify the fact that your goal is to get money in when you're ahead.

You have to get to the point where if you get sucked out on for all your chips and you got them in when they were good, you laugh instead of get angry. There are some things you can't control, and trying to control them just makes you play worse and I think you're seeing this. Understandably it's tough to laugh when you just lost a full buy-in to a caller with a gut shot, but just know it happens and that the majority of the time you'll be getting that stack and then you really will be laughing.

Good luck.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cheers Munchrs and Zach,

Yes I've been doing a lot of analysis over the last few days, and reading some of the strategy articles on here and 2p2. I've certainly found some things I'm not happy with and over the next few weeks I'll be looking to see how these ammendments work out.