Did I misplay my AA...?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll give brief descriptions on the reasons for making the plays I did.

PokerStars Game #14617971366: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02) - 2008/01/17 - 07:50:56 (ET)
Table 'Sargas' 6-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: zebastien ($5 in chips)
Seat 2: roma77 ($0.53 in chips)
Seat 3: Indigo76 ($2.92 in chips)
Seat 4: Oyter ($0.27 in chips)
Seat 5: prokkets ($5.35 in chips)
Seat 6: TRM_SHRiMP ($2.18 in chips)
zebastien: posts small blind $0.01
roma77: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to TRM_SHRiMP [Ad Ac]
Indigo76: calls $0.02
Oyter: folds
prokkets: folds
TRM_SHRiMP: raises $0.06 to $0.08

[Standard 4x BB raise here]
zebastien: raises $0.06 to $0.14

[Weak raise by my opponent. I dont think he has anything, but I've only seen him play a few hands, so no reads.]
roma77: folds
Indigo76: folds
TRM_SHRiMP: calls $0.06

[I decide to just call and hope my opponent hits on the flop.]
*** FLOP *** [Qc 9d 5s]
zebastien: bets $0.04

[weak bet, still dont think my opponent has anything.]
TRM_SHRiMP: calls $0.04

[I only call this small bet because I dont think the Q help him. I dont want to chase him away, so I give him just a little bit more rope.]
*** TURN *** [Qc 9d 5s] [Ks]
zebastien: checks
TRM_SHRiMP: bets $0.10

[This is a bit of a feeler bet to see where my opponent is at.]
zebastien: raises $0.18 to $0.28

[My answer. Hoping the K hit him.]
TRM_SHRiMP: raises $0.52 to $0.80

[Big raise to build the pot. I was looking for a call or a push here by him.]
zebastien: calls $0.52
*** RIVER *** [Qc 9d 5s Ks] [2s]
zebastien: bets $2.02

[This is interesting...]
TRM_SHRiMP: ???

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm thinking you're toast here. Villain is either sitting JT, or spade spade. Outside possibility of KK. Of late I have been finding some success with a modified smooth play with AA, but only when I'm in late position, and feel real confidant I can goad villain into getting all my chips in the middle fast, like preferably PF. Example might be that I min raise (not wanting to drive out the villain), he raises, I MIN raise again (the 'goading' part), figuring he will have had enough and shove, where I instacall.

BTW, the last time this happened, late last night I ran into AKs, and he flushed. It doesn't always work:(

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm thinking villan has 9sJs. You're toast by letting him stay in the pot with 2xBB continuation bets. Other option is AsKd, but in that case, you have him crushed.

If you were looking for a push on the turn, why are you suprised he pushes on the river? Two other things to consider - he's big stack at table, might be a bit LAG - he's trying to push you off the pot.

I push and hope he doesn't have the flushie.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, the reason for my slowplay is that the table had been pretty passive and I was taking down a number of pots PF with raises and C-bets, so I figured this would be the best way to get value for my hand. I put my opponent on a weak steal attempt with his small PFR, so I decided that I would string him along.

Also, I wasnt suprised that he pushed on the river because I was calling an all in or I was pushing myself. I was just surprised that he pushed on that card. On the turn, I put my opponent on a K with his raise and possibly some type of draw when he called my reraise. I was just trying to figure out if that 2s helped him.

Anway, here is the results

*** RIVER *** [Qc 9d 5s Ks] [2s]
zebastien: bets $2.02
TRM_SHRiMP: calls $1.20 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
zebastien: shows [3s As] (a flush, Ace high)
TRM_SHRiMP: mucks hand
zebastien collected $4.20 from pot
TRM_SHRiMP said, "wow."
TRM_SHRiMP said, "LOL. nh."
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $4.40 | Rake $0.20
Board [Qc 9d 5s Ks 2s]
Seat 1: zebastien (small blind) showed [3s As] and won ($4.20) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 2: roma77 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: Indigo76 folded before Flop
Seat 4: Oyter folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: prokkets folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: TRM_SHRiMP (button) mucked [Ad Ac]

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
argh posted results too soon. I probably would have folded river, all we have is a pair and we are against a villain he is leading out after re raising and calling turn. So you have to think your beat. Also on the flop i re raise to just take it down since giving that 1 free card opens the doors to many possible runner runners. Althoguh runner runners dont happen very often, when they do they usually cost you a lot like in this example. So i take it down on that flop