I feel I played it well. Tell me im wrong.

B

bunchky

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing .25-.50 nl 10 max. no image, just sat with full amount. post kj off. there is a raise to 2$ after i checked and 4 calls. I called. flopped the nuts. AQT rainbow. I figure someone has flopped a great hand so I bet out $3 figuring to get raised, pot was like 11. original pf raiser (34$) makes it $8, folds to me. I figure he is going to bet my check next round when I plan to go allin, so I flat called. Turn came a T which paired the board, GRR. At this point im thinking probably call him down, I checked, he checked. hmmmm. im thinking he has ak or a boat right now. river is a blank. I was fairly sure that check meant boat more than ak so I figured check call. I checked, he bet 8, significantly under the pot size and I called. He showed QQ for Q's full. How did I play that hand?

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played it well and had him read well. I can see calling the last bet but that is debatable with all those high cards out there. The boat is a good possiblity.

A

AceZWylD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see how you could have played it much differently. It's tough to see the boat out there, especially against your flush. I would have played it the same.

medeiros13

medeiros13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to agree with the two previous posters. You were aware of the boat possibility. Unfortunately for you, you had a good player who put out about a 1/3 pot bet to entice a call by you. From his point of view, he's trying to sweeten his pot winnings. For you, it's a very difficult laydown. You have a nut straight and he's putting out a value bet. TBH, I'd have played that the same as you did. It's times like this you wish you were up against a n00b who would just go all in. That'd make your decision a lot easier :D

S

Styrofoam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMO your flop play was wrong, a reraise here would have been a better play - but in this occasion it saved you money.

The problem with this hand is you were going to lose it from the flop on. Nothing you could do would make this guy fold his trip queens, so when the board paired, you played it right.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulate villain on his awesome turn check!

And push/rereraise (depending on stack sizes) after he reraises on the flop. Get as much money in as you can while you have the best hand, as it's quite clear from the flop action that villain isn't going anywhere most of the time.

S

Styrofoam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dorkus Malorkus said:
Congratulate villain on his awesome turn check!

And push/rereraise (depending on stack sizes) after he reraises on the flop. Get as much money in as you can while you have the best hand, as it's quite clear from the flop action that villain isn't going anywhere most of the time.

i have to agree....make him PAY to pair the board.

F

Fish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have pushed the flop; you'd be surprised what people will call you with.
But you didn't play it poorly, the paired board slowed you down and you lost the minimum. Good hand.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop is debatable, but i don't disagree with your call
flop, i have to agree with the previous posters - i don't like slowplaying, unless my hand is a next-to-unbeatable one (like a boat or flush). A reraise would definitely get 2 pair, set, or maybe even AK to put his money in the middle at this level - and for all of them, you're the favourite.
When i have a monster hand, i get as much in while i can and hope villain's got a hand too.

xace100

xace100

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u played it very well, u got away cheap as posible giving the flop u had him read very well. it would be hard to lay a straight down for such a small bet for anyone. well done for spottin the danger.

Poker Tells