How's my playing?

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm... I think I might have bet a bit too much on the river. Maybe I should have tried a check-raise? What d'ya reckon to my play here? TheBaird seems like a good player. Not a maniac or anything.

Seat 1: Daddy_Cool - $13.46
Seat 2: Elsje - $22.82
Seat 3: SugarRush - $27.94
Seat 4: Bombjack - $73.94
Seat 5: awesum - $20
Seat 6: TheBaird - $110.81
Moving Button to seat 3
Bombjack posts small blind ($0.25)
awesum posts big blind ($0.50)
Shuffling Deck
Dealing Cards
Dealing Q♣ Q♥ to Bombjack
TheBaird raises to $2
Daddy_Cool calls $2
Elsje calls $2
SugarRush folds
Bombjack raises to $8
awesum folds
TheBaird calls $8
Daddy_Cool folds
Elsje calls $8
Dealing Flop 7♠ K♦ J♣
Bombjack checks
TheBaird checks
Elsje checks
Dealing Turn J♥
Bombjack bets $10
TheBaird calls $10
Elsje folds
Dealing River Q♦
Bombjack bets $30
TheBaird folds
Taking Rake of $2.32 from pot 1
Bombjack doesn't show
Bombjack wins $44.18

O

OneMoreBust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The following is my opinion, take it or leave it.

When the flop came you should have bet it. Someone may have had a King, or a jack, but you gave them a free card... checking gave you no new information because someone may have had a king, and was slow playing it.

On the turn a jack came... now anyone could be in this hand, the jack could have been checking to the overpair on the flop, and now they hit their trips.

I count $24.50 in the pot... why bet $10 at a $26.50 pot if you didnt bet on the flop, and if there are now 2 jacks on the board?

Not sure what the baird had.... he may have been slow playing kings and got scared by the jacks and queen, but more likely he had a small piece or pocket pair.... not much of a straight draw on the board, so I'm guessing he had pockets , hence the $8 call, and got scared away by all the paint.

Done over I would have bet 15 on the flop, and learned what you could. Checking opened up too many doors, and it looks like you got lucky that no one had anything worth playing.

When you want to maximize what you can earn on the pot, get their money in before all of the cards are out(and while you are ahead)... they won't put money into a losing pot, and your only hope is getting it while they still think they've a shot at it. The obvious exception is when you both have kickass hands, but that goes both ways and isnt a long-term profitable position as you will experience both ends of it.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like the check on the flop. There is one overcard and you get no information by checking. Bet and see what happens. Don't let them outdraw you. I like the bet on the turn. Find out if anyone has the Jack. Well, one player called but you got your boat. Good bet.