MP3 calls [$14 USD]
Potsize: $58
River:
7♦
Hero bets [$24 USD]
MP3 raises [$72 USD] MP3 does not show cards. MP3 wins $150.50 USD
1 players folded.
Total folds this street: 1

The villian was a tight player which is why i did not feel strong enough to re-rasie the flop with out of position and deep stacked. I wanted to get to a show down so put a blocking bet out on the flush card and then on the river i really wanted to see if he had AQ with the A of D or a set and made a silly bet on the river. I guess if he just had queen or a set then i would still get to see what he re-rasied me with. Please can i get some advice about htis hand, thanks

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ouch. I don't play 1-2 NL, but I'm really not a fan of this hand.

I'd really like to see a raise preflop. A lot of times villain will hit the flop with a raggy hand like T4 and we'll miss and have to give up. But if we raise, we get free money. It will also help us define MP3's range.

Secondly, you have to 3-bet this flop. So many draws are in MP3's range (small suited aces, suited connectors), and this is a drawy flop. The only likely hand that beats you is 66, and on this flop, if he's got a set of 6's, then we just need to pay him off and get the money in. Villain likely is counting an overcard as an out here, and thinks he's flipping with you. So there's no reason to wait until the turn to get it in.

The next two streets are just silly, and I'm not sure what you were trying to accomplish by weakly betting those streets. Blocking bets rarely work against someone who has already raised you previously in the hand.

Lastly, just getting to showdown is harder to do out of position. However, when you 3-bet this flop, you really negate your positional advantage because it puts you in the lead for the rest of the hand, and possibly removes some of the betting rounds on later streets because you'll be all in.

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd really like to see a raise preflop. A lot of times villain will hit the flop with a raggy hand like T4 and we'll miss and have to give up. But if we raise, we get free money. It will also help us define MP3's range.

You want him to raise Q9s on the SB with a limper already in?? I probably just fold this preflop, but everything else that c9 says I agree with.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands