he seemed to be bullying but i feel i did wrong...

alonsomg

alonsomg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
----------------------------------------------------------------

Hand #42331689-36726 at Eagle (No Limit Hold'em)
Started at 26/May/07 22:52:03

Nedboy7 is at seat 1 with $13.77 (sitting out).
Ongbak is at seat 2 with $62.43.
turtlemoney is at seat 3 with $12.56.
alonsorly is at seat 5 with $19.53.
The button is at seat 5.

Ongbak posts the small blind of $.10.
turtlemoney posts the big blind of $.25.

Ongbak: -- --
turtlemoney: -- --
alonsorly: Js Ad

Pre-flop:

alonsorly raises to $.85. Ongbak re-raises to $2.80.
turtlemoney folds. alonsorly calls.

Flop (board: Kh Jd 6c):

Ongbak checks. alonsorly bets $5.85. Ongbak raises
to $16. alonsorly goes all-in for $16.73. Ongbak
calls.

Turn (board: Kh Jd 6c 3s):

(no action in this round)

River (board: Kh Jd 6c 3s 8h):

(no action in this round)

Showdown:

alonsorly shows Js Ad.
alonsorly has Js Ad Kh Jd 8h: a pair of jacks.
Ongbak mucks cards.
(Ongbak has Qh Td.)

Hand #42331689-36726 Summary:

$1 is raked from a pot of $39.31.
alonsorly wins $38.31 with a pair of jacks.

so a little background information on the situation. this guy was clear chip leader (nl 0.10/0.25). he'd been at the table since i joined about an hour prior to this hand.
He'd barely made any moves until the last half hour, when he started check-raising alot against anyone with a low stack when no A was on the board. I doubt it was a "tell" as such, but it made me wonder.
So when this hand came, I called his raise preflop and hit the J. I didn't put him on the K so made a decent sized bet on the flop, which he raised instantly to pretty much put me all in, or lay down the hand. I'd had enough of him and thought chances are he's caught me this time with QQ or something. So i called. As you can see, the fine cards show he had Q 10 so he was chasing the straight, but it was a hellova raise for a chase.

I just wanted to put this play out to the 'experts' and tell me whether, on the mental aspects of the table, I should have laid it down either at the preflop re-raise, or the mega raise on the flop?

Obviously chuffed with the double-up considering i was down to $5 at that table following my AA being demolished by a 2pair all-in-jim with 10 3off suit, but all's well that end's well.
Well, cheers.
Chris

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just a quick little tidbit, you want to be the one pushing your chips in most of the time, not calling them off. if you had a solid read (without PT stats to back it up it's hard to say) i dont mind the call, but it's kinda marginal considering it's pretty much a coinflip.

alonsomg

alonsomg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I agree with that and it's appreciated. I wouldn't have posted the hand up had I been 100% certain my action was correct. I was looking for quick analysis from you guys in a hope to improve my game in the future when hands like these present themselves (as is so often the case) so cheers for the reply buddy.