The Hand that took me to zero at ggpoker

M

MrWatchout

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What´s up everyone, how are you?

Well this is my first post here, so nothing better than discussing a hand that i think i played badly in ggpoker cash game. Stakes are $0.5/$1, and the small blind raised 3x.So as he had already done this 4 times and i was tired of him stelling my blinds i reraised his bet 3 times with 93s and he calls, making a $18 pot. The flop comes 2s 3d 7c, i made 75% pot and he calls. The turn comes 3c, i bet another barrel he calls. When the Kc comes in the river i had only $25 left behind so i moved all in with trips. The opponent quickly called with 73 of hearts. What a joke or i played bad?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Not sure if this is a joke/rant on a bad beat it you are looking for advice...

If V is calling wide, why 3bet 93s? Use a merged range since he calls so wide

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure if this is a joke/rant on a bad beat it you are looking for advice...

If V is calling wide, why 3bet 93s? Use a merged range since he calls so wide
Agreed on not 3 betting the 93s.

Post flop seems fine aside from bet sizing on the flop. A dry rainbow board in a 3 bet pot I wouldn't go more than 1/2 pot, probably less (1/3 pot). Of course we are piling it in turn and river.

This is not my understanding of range merging though, seems out of context. Not even sure what would qualify as a merged range here, maybe 67s trying to get called by a smaller two pair bluff catching?

W

wimpyfish1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

The biggest thing with poker is that you can't dictate what cards someone will call you with.
I've been outdrawn by so many flush draws it's scary.
Long and Short of it is I've done the same to opponents.
That's poker folks !!

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that there are a few much bigger issues in play here than how you played that particular hand.

From your intro to the hand, it was clear that emotion played a large part in how you played the hand. Any time you're letting emotion affect how you play the game, you will probably find it hard to win money. Anger, frustration, impatience, and a host of other negative emotions are all bankroll eaters.

From rough calculations, it seems as though you were sitting at a $100 buy in table with $65 at the beginning of the hand. It also seems as though this was the last money that you had on GG Poker. While you *might* have been able to get away with playing $10 buy in poker with that limited bankroll on the site, sitting at a $100 buy in table is almost certainly going to cause you to go broke.

As for the hand, it was a kind of unfortunate cooler.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands