Foxwoods 1/2 NL Holdem

Joe Slick

Joe Slick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I played NL Holdem with real cards and chips for the second time in my life. The first ended in what I would call a bad beat at the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas back in January.

Here's the picture. There were nine players with an stack sizes of between $500 and $2000. I watched five or six hands before posting and determined that the players were all playing loosely. The buyin for 1/2 NL at Foxwoods is minimum $60 and a maximum of $300 (or was it $200?). I sat down with $100, clearly undergunned at this table.

It's about the fifth hand after I posted. I'm down to $92 which is $100 minus $5 rent minus the small and big blinds. I'm looking at pocket QQ and make the bet $15 with 3 callers. The flop is a rainbow of completely insignificant small cards.

I bet $20, guy second to my left raises $50 to $70, everyone else folds. It's up to me. There is no doubt in my mind that the guy is playing what's in his hand and the board is not part of it.

The only thing I know for sure about this guy is that he just took a pretty bad beat two hands before this one and bought back in with another $500.

I would like to have opinions on two scenarios.

1) I now have $57 left in front of me. What is my play.

2) If I had $500 in front of me instead of $57, what is my play.

Bonus Question: I'm the short stack and would appear to be easily bullied. He's just off a bad beat and could be tilting a bit. What does he have for pocket cards?

Thanks in advance.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well if the board is as insignificant as u say it is, he could be hoping that u just have high cards and is trying to get u off the pot
first scenario, its a shove for ur 57$, most likely u will have the best hand and this is a great spot to be in against someone who is tilting
second scenario, u could practise some pot control and just call, or u could 3 bet, 3-betting him will probably commit u to the hand if he pushes(big if)and we dont want to be committing so much money to the hand when we are deepstacked

joos

joos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
short stack, shove for your last $7, no brainer too much money in the pot already. 4(15) is 60 preflop + 40 from your flop action and now you are getting 3:1 on a call and why not just shove for your last 7 and fist pump.

deep, call and re-evaluate the turn imo

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
say "DONT TREAD ON ME" and then call and windmill your cards onto the table and run away without looking at his cards, turn, or river

Joe Slick

Joe Slick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
say "DONT TREAD ON ME" and then call and windmill your cards onto the table and run away without looking at his cards, turn, or river

This thought actually passed through my mind, or at least something like it.

I pushed with my last $7 raise and found myself facing pocket AA. The turn and river were of no consequence, as was the flop.

Thanks for the feedback.

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules