Flopping Trips w/ Ace Kicker

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars Game #9827111240: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02) - 2007/05/09 - 14:17:27 (ET)
Table 'Vega V' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: HonderdNegen ($5 in chips)
Seat 2: nhyonix ($1.35 in chips)
Seat 3: ldmunson ($4.28 in chips)
Seat 4: Rhino_Zoo22 ($4.62 in chips)
Seat 5: cracksito ($1 in chips)
Seat 6: BigA**GunsAA ($2.82 in chips)
Seat 7: EastMc ($4.49 in chips)
Seat 8: FishnChips17 ($3 in chips)
Seat 9: Felinolog ($1.36 in chips)
EastMc: posts small blind $0.01
FishnChips17: posts big blind $0.02
HonderdNegen: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Rhino_Zoo22 [Qh Ac]
Felinolog: folds
HonderdNegen: checks
nhyonix: folds
ldmunson: folds
Rhino_Zoo22: calls $0.02
cracksito: folds
BigA**GunsAA: folds
EastMc: calls $0.01
FishnChips17: checks
*** FLOP *** [Kh Qd Qs]
EastMc: checks
FishnChips17: bets $0.04
HonderdNegen: calls $0.04
Rhino_Zoo22: calls $0.04
EastMc: folds
*** TURN *** [Kh Qd Qs] [Kd]
FishnChips17: bets $0.10
HonderdNegen: calls $0.10
Rhino_Zoo22: calls $0.10
*** RIVER *** [Kh Qd Qs Kd] [5c]
FishnChips17: bets $0.30
HonderdNegen: folds
Rhino_Zoo22: folds
FishnChips17 collected $0.50 from pot
FishnChips17: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $0.50 | Rake $0
Board [Kh Qd Qs Kd 5c]
Seat 1: HonderdNegen folded on the River
Seat 2: nhyonix folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: ldmunson folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Rhino_Zoo22 folded on the River
Seat 5: cracksito folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: BigA**GunsAA (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: EastMc (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 8: FishnChips17 (big blind) collected ($0.50)
Seat 9: Felinolog folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Either i got lucky for not raising on flop or extremely unlucky because that guy obviously had K something & i knew when he bet the flop that he did. I only just called on the flop (slow playing) because there was only 1 hand that beat me & no flush draws on the flop. Even if i reraised on flop, i think FishnChips was calling me anyways...then came the 2nd K so i think i got lucky by not putting a huge reraise out there after flop. Im definetly not reraising him after the turn came (Kd) when i put him on K something in the 1st place. Even though i didnt lose that much, it wouldve been nice to win that beautiful hand lol. What would you have done?

A

alan1983

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why call turn if youre gonna fold river

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
stupid i know but thought maybe he wouldve checked river if he didnt have K & seeing that 2 people were calling him after turn

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why did you limp with A, Q? I understand the slowplay on the flop. Why not a raise on the turn to see if he has the King? Since you only called on the turn, I think I would have called on the river. Sure, he MAY have you beat. But, only .30 to find out? To me, it's worth the call. You're the chip leader here. This is the time to get aggressive unless the players on this table are loose-agressive. Even if that was the case, it's a good reason to call the river. That's my take on it anyway.

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A preflop raise would have been proper here also considering position, even if I'm not sure he would have folded. But in general you should raise with a hand like that.

As played nothing to say really, slowplaying there was fine, you just got really unlucky on the turn in a pot that otherwise it seems you might have made a nice profit. You should have folded the turn though because the other player called the 10c bet before you, and since there was betting and calling on the flop also, someone has to have the K, it just makes sense, and the river won't improve you (the other Q is like 45 to 1).

Better luck next time.

W

wreckoning

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't you need to slowplay the flop. If someone has limped in with J10- quite possible- you have to make them pay to draw to their open-ended straight. If someone has the Q they will probably give you action and may not suspect your ace kicker since you didn't raise preflop. You already have a better and a caller in front of a pretty scary board so presumably someone has something to call your raise with.

The turn is a pretty lame card and with the second player's call you pretty much have to fold. There is just no point in calling here. Oh sure if they are completely without a clue they might have nothing, but if that's the case you will know soon enough and can find more favourable situations to take their money.

This is all without any reads on the players. If I knew that Fishnchips bets any hand or draw and Honder chases longshots then bets right out when he catches them, etc, then slowplaying would be correct.

B

bocasas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as everyone said I would have raised preflop, then raised more post flop, and in the end i would have reraised him (i wasn´t at the table so i don´t know what kind of player he was but that is what i would have done in a normal situation). if he makes a call then the game is over for me