flopped trip kings and lost (aka This moron folded a full house)

Devilpoker78

Devilpoker78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats hilarious LOLOL, im glad they stickied this so I didnt miss it. You made my day.

E-DIZZL

E-DIZZL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
aces are 50/50 to win

i sit down to aces my first hand i take out q q / 10 10 triple up cool right! 2 hands later i get 10/10 sweet i crush k/k and q/q flop my set up to 11k in chips this old guy comes to my table with 16k in chips 2 hands into him coming to the table i get aces!!! ahh yeeaahh right.Wrong this old fart pushes pre flop with king 2 of diamonds i call of course he gets a 2 on the flop and a king on the river i hate old people !!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

pokerrqueenn

pokerrqueenn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i sit down to aces my first hand i take out q q / 10 10 triple up cool right! 2 hands later i get 10/10 sweet i crush k/k and q/q flop my set up to 11k in chips this old guy comes to my table with 16k in chips 2 hands into him coming to the table i get aces!!! ahh yeeaahh right.Wrong this old fart pushes pre flop with king 2 of diamonds i call of course he gets a 2 on the flop and a king on the river i hate old people !!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
hey i am old. i resmeble that remark!:p

GReaper

GReaper

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at least you did this in a micro room! watching a .56 pot go by the wayside is a lot different than a $56 pot!

btw, Can I have some of whatever you were drinking/smoking?

Vaders_Dad

Vaders_Dad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yea i had a similar beat last night. Pocket kings, flop comes Ace diononds king hearts and a spade. I check raise and he puts me all in and i call. He has a 8 of hearts then he catches 2 running hearts for a flush. out 15 players before the $$$

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea i had a similar beat last night. Pocket kings, flop comes Ace diononds king hearts and a spade. I check raise and he puts me all in and i call. He has a 8 of hearts then he catches 2 running hearts for a flush. out 15 players before the $$$
Yep, that's almost identical. :confused:

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ahahaha this thread gets funnier and funnier

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually had a good laugh at this thread last night after losing a big hand, its becoming my best tilt stopper ever :)

LRPharm54

LRPharm54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Magic of Poker

It never ceases to amaze me how a set of Kings or even a set of Aces starts the heart pounding with anticipated gains of chips galore only to be smitten by a flush, straight, or full house. It is apparent that no matter what we have as a powerful or monster hand, someone seems to always pull a rabbit out of their hat.

I have found myself sitting with AA hole cards and anticipating a major win and just knowing it is one heck of a great start. Then , the worst happens, trip 5's land on the board....so you have a great full house, and then a J on the turn, and finally a deuce hits the river. You carefully assess the calls, raises and reraises and just know you have this hand ...but alas, some schmuck has the 4th 5 and slow plays this hand to death. End result, colorful metaphors describing the great Aces you had, and your bubble is burst. POP>:eek::confused:

So we move on and realize we must prepare for the worst regardless of our hole cards. Consider all options, think about the other players' moves, and the strength of your hand versus the optimum possibilities. That is Poker, and to play strong and aggressively can be worthwhile, but you must always be aware that bad beats are just that. It can happen and often times happens too often, but don't get discouraged. Next time you may have the forth card to a nice set of quads and you can burst the bubble of the guy with KK or AA and just move on.

I always make sure I don't have too much of my bank dedicated in any room and be ready to lose and budget well to avoid major bad beats that will drive you back to the limit rooms for more joy and merryment. I have learned from bad beats and now I play every hand with the thought of the monster surprise hand being out there to quash my hopes and dreams.

Well, Now we all know, but let's put our mindsets into perspective and avoid plays that can trap us and know that wins can happen when you least expect it.

Have a great day.

Lonnie:)

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hell of a post Lonnie, but have you read the thread at all?

F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry Brutus..... just found this thread.......

Remember the first part of "the gambler"???

You got to know when to HOLD EM!!!!!!!! :)

jk, guess it's better than calling when you have a sure loser.....

brutus

brutus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry Brutus..... just found this thread.......

Remember the first part of "the gambler"???

You got to know when to HOLD EM!!!!!!!! :)

jk, guess it's better than calling when you have a sure loser.....

yeah they were kind enough to sticky it just in case someone missed it before lol

i watched the gambler this morning :D

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It never ceases to amaze me how a set of Kings or even a set of Aces starts the heart pounding with anticipated gains of chips galore only to be smitten by a flush, straight, or full house. It is apparent that no matter what we have as a powerful or monster hand, someone seems to always pull a rabbit out of their hat.

I have found myself sitting with AA hole cards and anticipating a major win and just knowing it is one heck of a great start. Then , the worst happens, trip 5's land on the board....so you have a great full house, and then a J on the turn, and finally a deuce hits the river. You carefully assess the calls, raises and reraises and just know you have this hand ...but alas, some schmuck has the 4th 5 and slow plays this hand to death. End result, colorful metaphors describing the great Aces you had, and your bubble is burst. POP>:eek::confused:

So we move on and realize we must prepare for the worst regardless of our hole cards. Consider all options, think about the other players' moves, and the strength of your hand versus the optimum possibilities. That is Poker, and to play strong and aggressively can be worthwhile, but you must always be aware that bad beats are just that. It can happen and often times happens too often, but don't get discouraged. Next time you may have the forth card to a nice set of quads and you can burst the bubble of the guy with KK or AA and just move on.

I always make sure I don't have too much of my bank dedicated in any room and be ready to lose and budget well to avoid major bad beats that will drive you back to the limit rooms for more joy and merryment. I have learned from bad beats and now I play every hand with the thought of the monster surprise hand being out there to quash my hopes and dreams.

Well, Now we all know, but let's put our mindsets into perspective and avoid plays that can trap us and know that wins can happen when you least expect it.

Have a great day.

Lonnie:)

ahahahahahhahahahahaha this post makes the thread even more awesome.

seeing as nothing is really being added to the topic, archiving this now.

Folding in Poker