Flopped Trip Aces

E

ebon87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys. I have been playing poker online for a year now. I have been playing real money the last 3 months. Here is one of the biggest pots I have won yet. Did I play it correctly? Keeping in mind, this is HU and I would say the other player was pretty loose.

My only real concern with my play is that I may have scared off the "loose" player with my $16 re-raise on A-J, he had J-2. I think in this case, I was just lucky, he was stupid enough to call the re-raise.

Begin Hand Number 1052589352 at 01:28:13 on table Around and Around
Table Type: Normal (Non-Tournament)
Game Name: Texas Hold'em
Stakes: 1.00 / 2.00 Real Money
Active Players: 2
Total Pot: $72.20
Rake: $1.00
Win Amount: $71.20
ghostoso has the dealer button
ghostoso posts small blind ($0.50)
ebon87 posts big blind ($1.00)
ghostoso raises for $4.50
ebon87 raises for $16.00
ghostoso calls for $12.00
Dealing Flop
A-A-10
ebon87 checks
ghostoso went all-in for $19.10
ebon87 calls for $19.10
Dealing Turn
Blank
Dealing River
Blank
ghostoso shows cards
ebon87 shows cards
ebon87 shows Three of a Kind Aces, winning $71.20

I guess it depends on your opponent how you play particular hands. Against a tighter player I probably would have called the original raise of $5 and checked on the flop.

Advice?

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The re-raise was absolutely correct here. You need to gain insight as to where you are at. My raise here would have been to between $12 to $13.50 or so, so not much lower than yours, really. I don't know what you started with in your stack, but your raise is close to making him commit. When he just calls, I don't give him credit for beating me. If he is going to call off half of his stack pre-flop, then his hand, if it is a strong hand, he re-raises and pushes PF. You're showing significant strength, so a call would likely be automatic if he pushed PF. So bet is that you had him beat PF and even if he is on a weak A, you have him on the flop as well, so I see an auto call there.