flopped set of aces versus flush draw in pot-limit omaha???

R

razorblades

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently on the first hand I had AAQT double suited in $5 SNG on full tilt. The flop comes A-J-4 with 2 hearts. Unfortunately for me I have no hearts. Guy in bb raises the pot to 480 chips, guy after calls the 480, and I push all in hoping atleast 1 of them would fold. They both call. One guy has A-K-3-3 and other guy turns over K-9-7-8 with nut flush draw. turn is 10 of hearts and river is 8 of hearts. I lose the pot and i am eliminated along with the guy in bb. Did i do anything wrong? and what could i have done better? i had best hand preflop and after the flop and i got sucked out by flush draw. its been like this the past week. my bankroll has taken a monster dip from $700 to $410.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You underestimated what a perverse and devious game Omaha is. Granted you had a good hand, but the decision to put your life on the line was poor.

You have no reads, no rhythm from the table, and forgot that in Omaha, if the Nuts are possible they are often probable.

That said, the probability of the board pairing, giving you the boat, are just slightly less than the flush filling;
6 outs on the turn, 1:6.5 for the board to pair
9 outs on the turn 1:4.333 for the board to pair
roughly(very roughly) 1:5.5 vs the 1:4 for flush draw.

So it wasn't that bad

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You underestimated what a perverse and devious game Omaha is. Granted you had a good hand, but the decision to put your life on the line was poor.
Umm, no.

You have no reads, no rhythm from the table, and forgot that in Omaha, if the Nuts are possible they are often probable.
But he had the nuts.

He couldn't have played it any other way. But it just goes to show why PLO is not a game that lends itself to tournament play. Hand equities are closer together, so the luck factor on any given hand is higher than in hold'em. Doesn't really matter for cash games where you just rebuy and carry on, but you have to get lucky and win more than your fair share of 60-40s in tournaments.

Full Flush Poker