€10 NLHE 6-max: AK 3bet pot, good or bad thought process ?

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 46/13/3 over 4K hands. Folds 48% to flop cbets, 45% to turn cbets, WTSD = 25%

He is bluffy, likes to bet when checked to. After he called the flop I figured check = weak, can't really call a bet from him and won't be believed on the river.

I thought : drawy flop, good/great hands will raise it most times. His calling range looks like top pair any kicker, a whole bunch of SD/FD and underpairs.

Planning to b/f turn and shove any peaceful-looking river that doesn't make an obvious flush/straight. Good/bad ?

BTN: €27.51
Hero (SB): €15.22
BB: €10.00
UTG: €2.31
CO: €13.69

Hero posts SB €0.05, BB posts BB €0.10

Pre Flop: (€0.15) Hero has A:spade: K:spade:

UTG calls €0.10, fold, BTN raises to €0.45, Hero raises to €1.60, fold, fold, BTN calls €1.15

Flop: (€3.40, 2 players) 7:heart: 9:heart: 7:diamond:
Hero bets €2.00, BTN calls €2.00

Turn: (€7.40, 2 players) 2:diamond:
Hero bets €4.00, BTN calls €4.00

River: (€15.40, 2 players) Q:diamond:
Hero bets €7.62 and is all-in

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure what your thought process here is ... You know your villain hates to fold apparently but you keep betting with air. Against these guys we should be betting big for value (aka when you actually have a hand) because we have very little chance they fold.

I don't mind the flop cbet but the Turn Cbet doesn't make sense. The deuce doesn't do anything to scare him from the board from what we saw on the flop. At least you bet the river scare card but at this point I doubt the villain is folding even with something like JJ or maybe he has something stupid like TT, AQ.

Anyways I don't expect this to ever be a profitable line against a perceived station in the long term.

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure what your thought process here is ...

I explained it in the OP. He hates folding but his WTSD is 25%, which is decent, it must mean he's floating loads chasing draws etc. till the river