bottom set at 50max on a stupid board

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only been at the table for one orbit. no reads.

pokerstars Game #9430616866: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2007/04/15 - 04:52:31 (ET)
Table 'Sinon' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: showkiln1 ($18.45 in chips)
Seat 2: Basadoni ($69.55 in chips)
Seat 3: guppsala ($73.70 in chips)
Seat 4: akokie ($68.35 in chips)
Seat 5: joosebucklol ($60.65 in chips)
Seat 6: sheet8888 ($13.25 in chips)
Seat 7: nicarboo ($60.50 in chips)
Seat 9: blackmore ($48.75 in chips)
akokie: posts small blind $0.25
joosebucklol: posts big blind $0.50
hott_estelle: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to joosebucklol [Tc Td]
sheet8888: folds
nicarboo: raises $1 to $1.50
blackmore: raises $2.50 to $4
showkiln1: folds
Basadoni: calls $4
guppsala: folds
akokie: folds
joosebucklol: calls $3.50
nicarboo: calls $2.50
*** FLOP *** [Js Ah Th]
joosebucklol: checks
nicarboo: checks
blackmore: bets $10
Basadoni: folds
joosebucklol: calls $10
nicarboo: folds
*** TURN *** [Js Ah Th] [5d]
joosebucklol: checks
blackmore: bets $34.75 and is all-in
joosebucklol:

calibanboy

calibanboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is interesting.

You make a value call pre-flop and hit.

He is representing AA. Do you believe him? He could have AK, AQ, AJ and you have him beat. Or he could also have JJ and have you beat. I do not puthim on the straight.

I am interested in understanding your call on the £10 flop bet.? I assume it is to slow him down or to represent the flush draw ( reverse bluff) ? That said second hand, I do not think you would be that tricky against people you do not know.

Me personally, before calling the flop bet I would have decided whether I was prepared to go all in or not as that is a very possible outcome of doing anything other than folding. Hence I would already know.

I say call. You could well be losing, such is life, but I think your priced in now.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well okay, looking at pre-flop action, we'll narrow it to QQ, KK, or AA, AK. Maybe JJ. Two of these hands beats you, although I think JJ is less likely than the others based on preflop.

Without reads, I have to call. So many players at $50NL love to slowplay too much for their own good and wouldn't play AA or JJ this fast by just shoving on the turn. It looks a lot more like AK to me.

When you factor in that the first bet could be a continuation-bet with KK or QQ, and the turn shove could be an attempt to push you out of the hand because you checked, I think you probably have to go with it. I've seen this type of crap with KK and an A on board quite a few times... their brain just short-circuits and they shove so they can curse their rotten luck that an A hit if they get called and lose.